Central Texas point variety pack.

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
We live about 25 miles from where the Pedernales river flows into the Colorado river at Lake
Travis in Austin. Pedernales points are the most abundant point type in our neck of the woods.
We find them in almost every camp. The difference in styles from one Perd to the next never
ceases to amaze me. Ears, no ears, flute, no flute, the one thing that remains constant is the
bifurcated butt, it doesn’t change. Here are all the whole Perds we have found in the past three
years. The drill in the middle my wife found a couple of weeks ago, nicest I’ve ever seen.
2-10-2011 022tnet.JPG
2-10-2011 024tnet.JPG
This is a variety of no ear stem points Angostura, Lerma, Travis, Nolan. A couple of unknowns.
2-10-2011 028tnet.JPG
2-10-2011 031tnet.JPG
This is a variety of early triangles and eared stem points. Castroville, Marcos, Marshal Ensor,
Zorra and A couple of unknowns. I’ll Post some more later. I'm going diggin ! ;D
2-10-2011 033tnet.JPG

Upvote 0

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great location to hunt!

sometimes I really miss living in central tx............

very nice points!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Thanks Y'all. It's nice to find people sharing the same interests in the tools and weapons from the first peoples to inhabit our beautiful country!
They litterally rocked :laughing7: How many times have you picked up a trinket only to say " What the heck was that used for ? " I have found some interesting stuff. The funny thing is 95% of what I bring home that is not a stone artifact from the indigenous people. It is something one of them undoubtedly brought back to their camp thousands of years ago, you know they were saying " isn't that cool " fossils and stuff made by their predecessors. I like this hobby. Great Web page !

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
What a treat super cool goods and the drill a smoker ,what is material on biggest piece?thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
I think the large Travis blade left hand side, is either Edwards or Georgetown chert. The piece was found by the Blanco river last year.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding!!! That is a great display of some nice points....Your wife out-did you on that hunt. That drill is awesome!!!! Welcome to the forum..........You have a couple of pieces that look like possible Cody Complex............Thanks for showing them............GTP :icon_thumleft:

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that sure is "Purdey". All I can say is , God Bless Texas. We've got it all. Lots of places to hunt, nobody messes with you, and lots of variety. Thanks for showing. Lone Star

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking Texas artifacts Krisrock. I am from southern Ohio but really like Texas types so I have been slowly but surely putting together a pretty nice tray of Texas pieces. Some I got as gifts and a few others I have bought at very reasonable prices.

Here's the tray I have put together so far.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 308

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
SRV said:
Great looking Texas artifacts Krisrock. I am from southern Ohio but really like Texas types so I have been slowly but surely putting together a pretty nice tray of Texas pieces. Some I got as gifts and a few others I have bought at very reasonable prices.

is there a point that you dont have in your collection. leave me in your will !!!!!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad.co.walker said:
SRV said:

is there a point that you dont have in your collection. leave me in your will !!!!!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

I've been working on trying to get points from every state and Texas has some of my favorite types. I have 27 states so far and I just got an email today that some from Idaho are on the way and a guy is bringing me some Indiana pieces to the Ripley show so that will make 29.

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
SRV said:
mad.co.walker said:
SRV said:

do you have any from Alaska? my grandfather gave me three many years ago from there.id be happy to send one or two to you. i can email you a picture if youd like them. steve.

I've been working on trying to get points from every state and Texas has some of my favorite types. I have 27 states so far and I just got an email today that some from Idaho are on the way and a guy is bringing me some Indiana pieces to the Ripley show so that will make 29.

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Thank Y'all again for the kind words. Nice frame SRV. I like the new ones from the mail in the other post as well. Look for a new post called "Native Texan Tool Box" from me this afternoon. Happy Hunting !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread