Central Texas Treasure Club - Brownwood

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I co-founded the Central Texas Treasure Club in Brownwood in rural central Texas in 1981. It has been going strong ever since the first meeting where only I, the other co-founder, and one visitor attended. We meet monthly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Visitors are always welcome! Meetings are held at 3803 4th Street in Brownwood.

Next meeting: Tuesday, August 4th, 2009

For more info, call Jerry Sheller at (325)642-4840 at Mid-State Detectors in Brownwood.

~Texas Jay

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey Texas Jay,

Good to see a post from Brownwood. I've seen references to your club on here before. And looked at some of your clubs finds via the pics posted. Looks like a lotta great detecting.
You guys ever hunt out near Byrds? Have been doing some research on that area of Brown County. Some real rabble rousers used to be out in that vicinity. ;D (To include some of my own family members :D)
I don't think I can make this next meeting, but maybe in Sept.
Am from College Station area, but family has land N of Byrds area and I get out there fairly often.
Look forward to meeting ya'll at some point.

BW

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi BW. I'm sure some of our members have hunted in the Byrd's Store area but our group, as a whole, hasn't. We have hunted several ghost towns in this area as a group including Williams Ranch which is now in Mills County and which has a very colorful Old West history. In the past several years, we have gone, as a group, to the Boy Scout Camp Billy Gibbons south of Brownwood. We usually find hundreds of coins there in just a few hours. On my last trip there, I found 104 coins including two silver dimes. I'm attaching the photo of these coins here. September will be a great time for you to come to a meeting as the weather will be cooling and our members will become more active.
~Texas Jay

Attachments

• Jay+104+coins+found+CBG.jpg
    Jay+104+coins+found+CBG.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 461
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
September Meeting: 7:00 p.m., 3803 4th Street, Brownwood, Texas, Tuesday, September 2nd.

From this month's newsletter:

"Hello Members & Friends:
We had 9 members and 1 guest at the last meeting. CTTC meeting will be Tuesday, 2 September 2009, come and bring your finds for show and tell. New business discussed was Jay (me) is working with the City to get restrooms opened at Festival Park so we can have our next hunt there, also the Coin Club will have a Show at Heartland Mall in March 2010, they invited CTTC to set up a booth to display some finds and advertise our presence in Brown County, it seems a lot of folks don't know we exist. The program this month will be Metal Detector rules and regulations and Jerry will attempt to give it, so be here and watch the fun. Barry Lambert was the guest and we invite him to become a member, he lives in Dublin, but it's a short trip for a great time. If you can get online, take a look at http://treasurenet.com I think you will like this site."

~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Central Texas Treasure Club Meeting !

We will hold our regular monthly meeting of the Central Texas Treasure Club next
Tuesday, August 3rd, at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will be at our regular meeting
place: Mid-State Detectors, 3803 4th St., Brownwood, Texas.

http://pages.suddenlink.net/cttc/index.html

Our newsletter editor wrote:

"Jay and El Rojo will be demonstrating gold panning techniques that they
acquired after countless hours on the river. You will see gold found and gold
amalgamated with mercury and cast into buttons. Mining items necessary will be
on display.
Members and guests are welcome to watch these two ole sourdoughs put on a great
demonstration!!!!!"

~Texas Jay
http://bloodybillanderson.webs.com

Attachments

• Jay Cooking Steaks Feather River Canyon.jpg