Central virginia hunt

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
I would be very interested in helping organize a civil war relic hunt or a gold hunt in the Albemarle/Fluvanna/Buckingham county area.(Va.) . The only thing I lack is a good place to go! If anyone knows a good site where we can get permission, I will be glad to help with the organization details, etc.--maybe we could even pool our resources and offer a sum of money for the opportunity to hunt a potentially good site! Email me or call (434) 286-3226 if you know of any potentialiy good sites where we might be able to gain permission to hunt. Thanks! Jack.

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
I would certainly be interested. I live in Maryland but I would come to an event like this.

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
i'd come with three more and money might be a good way to get permission from someone with a great spot keep us posted about how this is going please.....

jmann2424

Jun 17, 2008
Virginia
Jack Im from Appomattox which is not too far from buckingham We could get together and ask around almost any field around that area should be good for CW relics
Jay

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Just let me know when and where,I am in Augusta County (Verona)

Thanks--fortbball9

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Would love to get a hunt together in va. I would mind sponsoring something like that

OP
OP
J

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
I'm STILL looking, but nobody has given us permission so far--seems as they don't want "a bunch of people" on their property. I have tried to explain ethical hunts to landowners, but so far, to no avail! Jack.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Please keep us up to date on this...I am in Texas, but would drive for a hunt like this.
Baggins

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hi there,

I hosted a group hunt at a historic battle area which is owned by the county and is not private or protected a few months ago.

I have access to some civil war areas which can be detected with or without permission. They usually just ask that you clean up your holes and leave no trace that you were ever there. Others usually ask for a small land fee like $50 which is like $5 each. I have some friends that own property on civil war battle fields.

Also if you are around Albemarle stop by and hit some of the old old houses that require no permission to detect on, because some of them are getting torn down to put up apartments. I recently found a barn/house from the 1800's. Soon I am going to try to get permission for this farm field that is Circa 1732.

So just send me a PM if interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread