Central Wisconsin Newbie Here. PLEASE HELP

chojnacki815

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2013
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone, My name is Adam and I am new to the great hobby of Md. I have owned a bounty hunter in the past and found nothing and i think that's why i quit in years past. Well I'm back and would like to get back into the hobby again, but this time go all out. I have spent countless hrs watching youtube video's and reading reviews from every md out there and my brain is just boggle. I don't care to buy a cheap md so my budget is going to be 500.00-1500.00. I am wanting something that has good depth (8") a good recovery speed, and something that can separate in trashy areas' and lastly maybe something that can go into water also, as i live along the Wisconsin River. I am not afraid to take on a learning curve either. I am leaning towards an AT Gold, Fisher F75 Ltd and maybe a whites V3i or maybe Deus. I like the Minelabs like e-trac but every time i watch a youtube video and i hear that thing pass over something my ears just scream. lol. I am looking to buy in March 2014 and I am not sure if something diff will be out by then. Please help as my mind is going in all directions. I am also looking for Md buddy. I am also into history and am not afraid to do the lag work that is required to find the good sites. I am looking for Everybody's input. Thanks to all of you I am sooooo hyped up for this coming year.:thumbsup:

Welcome to Treasurenet! You have picked a wide range of choices. They all have great features, some better than others depending on what you are searching for. The AT gold handles your waterproof needs , and is a good relic , coin and jewelry machine. The F75LTDF and E-Trac are good for depth and searching in iron. You have time to study and compare. Give me a call if you just want to talk about the differences in detectors.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

imagesCA9WICES (2).jpg

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Wisconsin for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
Whatever MD you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Welcome aboard. Do not detect in, on or around water in Wisconsin or on dnr lands.

Welcome Adam. Looking forward to seeing future posts from you up there in Musky country.
-MM-

Attachments

• Welcome.jpg
    Welcome.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 100
Welcome to Treasurenet! You have picked a wide range of choices. They all have great features, some better than others depending on what you are searching for. The AT gold handles your waterproof needs , and is a good relic , coin and jewelry machine. The F75LTDF and E-Trac are good for depth and searching in iron. You have time to study and compare. Give me a call if you just want to talk about the differences in detectors.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

Hello Wayne, How is the ctx working out for you. Would you buy it over again if you had a choice. How much of a depth diff would i see compared to an at gold? Thank you for answering my questions !

By all means, talk with the vendors who support TN!

Here is something else to consider. Buying a new MD is like buying new exercise equipment. You can go that route - but there are a large number of excellent condition devices out there that are technically "used" but just don't have much wear on them.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Hello Wayne, How is the ctx working out for you. Would you buy it over again if you had a choice. How much of a depth diff would i see compared to an at gold? Thank you for answering my questions !

Adam, I definitely would buy the CTX3030 again. It's exceptional at finding targets mixed with iron. The AT Gold has similar depth as the CTX on land. The key difference for me is the saltwater option (I'm 70 miles from the gulf) and the multiple target ID. In your circumstance on the river, either machine will work well, but the CTX will do better unmasking targets in iron.

I dug six silver dimes on Saturday using the 6" coil. Every silver was next to or under iron. This was an area that had 30 hunters two weeks ago during a group hunt.

image-1932751036.jpg

Wayne

Wow......I guess I'm gonna have to look into the CTX a little more and watch some of their youtube video's. any info and tips on using the machine would be much appreciated. Thank you Wayne

Adam, in relation to your comment on the Minelab signature "wavy" tones, the CTX3030 has an option called "combined tones". It's similar to a 4 tone concept - a low grunt for ferrous and 3 adjustable tones for conductive targets. It's my favorite audio because I switch back and forth between my arsenal of detectors.

Wayne

Hello, and welcome from Louisiana.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back