004b.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 510
Upvote 0

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
XL-PRO PRO said:
I found these about a foot apart (plowed field).The larger stone is about 5"x3"x1/2" and isn't notched for a tomahawk and apparently hasn't been used.The smaller point is just nice.

A couple of very nice field finds.

The larger piece has the right dimensions for a flint celt/adze, or it could have been a preform that would have been thinned and eventually notched.

The other piece is a very nice point.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
large piece looks like a celt, could also be a hand hoe.... The point is a nice serrated point. The field is a place I would hunt durring or after every rain fall if you have permission...

OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
This was a farm(cotton) that covered 750 acres.I lived there for 10 years and didn't realize it at the time but it was a single mans's dream.I had a large plantation style house,part of which was an 1800's log cabin, the best spring water around and a 1 1/2 mile driveway.All for the rent of $100/mo.I walked the fields every spring for 3-4 hours at a time and have shoeboxes of points of all types,including a few nice quartz.This farm sold at auction last fall for $2.7 million and I haven't contacted the new owners yet, but I will very soon.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XL-PRO PRO said:
This was a farm(cotton) that covered 750 acres.I lived there for 10 years and didn't realize it at the time but it was a single mans's dream.I had a large plantation style house,part of which was an 1800's log cabin, the best spring water around and a 1 1/2 mile driveway.All for the rent of $100/mo.I walked the fields every spring for 3-4 hours at a time and have shoeboxes of points of all types,including a few nice quartz.This farm sold at auction last fall for $2.7 million and I haven't contacted the new owners yet, but I will very soon.

$100 a month, I would have tried to get a 10 year lease.... Wonder what it would have cost back then to buy, you could have bought it and sold it 10 years later, and put in the deed you had the right to hunt artifacts and metal detect it.... I bet there is a lot of nice artifacts there, both stone and metal...

OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
A part of my rent was to act as overseer and keep an eye on the equipment.I got married and my new wife insisted on moving into a house with one of those new-fangled things on the wall that made the house warmer or cooler.At the time I owned a building in town with a bar in the front and a small but efficent apartment in the back.I could go to the bar and never leave home.The rent from the bar payed for the building.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
XL-PRO PRO said:
This was a farm(cotton) that covered 750 acres.I lived there for 10 years and didn't realize it at the time but it was a single mans's dream.

i understand that. When I was in college I lived at a wealthy families ski lodge, it was a little far from campus but all I had to do was keep the pipes from freezing and gas up their Jeep for them before they would come out for Christmas and Springbreak, I'd go home over the holidays and crash at a friends place during spring break. In the summer I had to make sure the gardner came.

Surprisingly enough, I didn't spend too many weekends alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread