ChaBling....

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi all. I don't get out and detect a whole lot but during those times I always enjoy seeing what everyone else is finding. My mainstay of "treasures" consist of lots of clad and Stinkin' Lincolns. Every once in awhile I do get a fun surprise down here. I went out to a local boat dock Saturday and my first find was, of course a Stinkin' Lincoln. No disrespect for Honest Abe it's just that a my age doing a lot of bending over and digging around for a fairly new penny is just more exercise then I figure I need.
Anyway looking in a area around the one picnic bench (chained to a tree too!) and a pretty small area right by the pavement and in the dirt I get the nice number and sound. Curious since I know this ain't a penny indication I dig around and end up with someone very large gold cross. Gotta be junk bling belonging to someone that lost or tossed their faith but I kept cleaning off the dirt and the cross looked better and better the more I cleaned it. But again being of an older age even though I just bought a new pair of nice glasses I still have CRS and even at home with the glasses and a scope (not rifle) I still have trouble making out the only marking on the piece. But I think it is 417CH and I am hoping the 417 stands for 10K and not "Made in Taiwan"
I do have to say once I pulled this baby from the ground and actually started to figure out what it was I had a "Mel Fisher" moment for sure. And for one moment I did feel like Mr. Fisher holding what I now figured out was possibly a Gangstr piece of bling. That is sort of like pirate treasure only more current edition I suppose. I was also delighted to find my lack of pinpointing skills came in handy because I had dug to the slide of the cross rather than my usual jab and stab straight into the piece approach. Anyway started out a good Saturday and ended up with a dime and a few more Stinkin' Lincolns before I got the phone call from the better half to get in gear and home.
Stopped by a virgin (to me) tot lot on the way home from the dentist today and was gassed greased and grinning after I found 14 quarters 11 dimes 1 nickle and a crappot of more Stinkin' Lincolns. All clad but the tot lot was a small area and until this time was always occupied. I wanted to try a different spot but the tot lot did me justice. Again I sure enjoy checking out you other folks finds and you look like you all doing good. If you aren't doing too well on your hunting just keep at it there's enough out there for everyone.

JRich

Attachments

• GoldCross 040.jpg
    GoldCross 040.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 652
  • GoldCross 041.jpg
    GoldCross 041.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 658
  • GoldCross 044.jpg
    GoldCross 044.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 646
  • GoldCross 042.jpg
    GoldCross 042.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 648
Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well well, JRich, let me be the first to congratulate you on that very nice 10K gold cross!!! :thumbsup:

Yes, 417 is 10k solid gold, and a sizeable chunk of it too!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JRich, got to hand it to you bud! Great looking piece of bling you have there!! Congrats on something beside those stinking abe's. No disrespect but I know where your coming from! :icon_thumright:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, :o

Nice piece, :icon_thumleft: 417 dose seem to mean 10k but what gets me is the holes behind the stone. :icon_scratch: This is usually done so the stones shine but more and to clean them. Now Real, stones are not normally put in 10k mostly real stuff goes in at 14k. However your stones looks real, even more so with the holes on the back. That tells me they are real... :headbang:

Outstanding Find !! :notworthy:

Keep @ It and HH!! :D ;D

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats great find for sure.

scratcher

Jan 31, 2008
Your find may be 10K, but this is solid gold writing :D

JRich98150 said:
I do have to say once I pulled this baby from the ground and actually started to figure out what it was I had a "Mel Fisher" moment for sure. And for one moment I did feel like Mr. Fisher holding what I now figured out was possibly a Gangstr piece of bling. That is sort of like pirate treasure only more current edition I suppose.

Good luck :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
JRich98150

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
"whats the weight on that piece?" ..... Chuck, about 40 years on the "weighting" :laughing7: ... I have an old gold scale but I haven't dug it out and weighed the piece. But I'd have to say that this is my biggest and most impressing looking piece of jewelry I've found since I started out with a Metrotech back in 1969. And there was plenty of silver coins and jewelry to be found back then.
I finally got the old gold scales out and the piece weighed in at 13 grams.

JRich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread