chance of a lifetime for a gold dredger

GARYLEE

Mar 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOLDEN OPPERTUNITY FOR ONE LUCKY GOLD DREDGER

OK GUYS HERE IT IS EVERYTHING YOUR ABOUT TO READ IS 100% TRUE. IN 1987 MY FATHER MY BROTHER AND I WERE WORKING A NEW RIVER
NAME OF THE RIVER I CANT SAY. THIS RIVER REQUIRED A 30 MILES OF DIRT DRIVING AND A 3 MILE HIKE DOWN THE UNTRAILED MOUNTAIN
TO THE RIVER.NOW I HAVE TO SAY WE TOOK PAN SAMPLES OF THIS RIVER WITHOUT VERY MUCH TOO BE EXCITED ABOUT. BUT WE ALREADY HAD FILLED ON THE CLAIM
ANDJUST WANTED TO GET THE SEASON GOING. EVEN THOUGH ARE SAMPLE PANS WERE NOT THAT GOOD WE DECIDED TO GO FOR IT. SO AFTER
2 WEEKS OF TRAIL CUTTING AND EQUIPMENT HAULING WE WERE FINLY THERE ON THE RIVER WITH ARE 5 INCH KEEN TRIPPLE AND WHAT WE NEEDED
TO GET GOING. WE STARTED PUNCHING SAMPLE HOLES AND FOR THE FIRST 5 DAYS I GOT TO TELL YOU I WAS GETTING WORRIED WE MAY HAVE MABE A
MISTAKE. ON THE SIXTH DAY WE ENTERD A SECTION OF THE RIVER THAT WAS ABOUT 1500 YARDS LONG AND STRAIT AS IT CAN BE. WITH VERY LITTLE
PITCH ARE STEEPNESS.MY DAD WAS THE FIRST ONE TO DIVE. I WAS TENDING THE DREDGE ON TOP. WHEN ABOUT 40 MIN INTO HIS DIVE HE CAME TO
THE SURFACE I NOTICED SOMETHING I NEVER SEEN IN HIS FACE BEFORE.IT WAS BEAT RED!! HE WAS WAVING ME TO COME OVER TO HIM.
SO I MADE MY WAY TO HIM WORRIED ABOUT WHAT WOULD MAKE HIM LOOK THE WAY HE DID. WHEN I GOT TO HIM HE EXTENDED OUT HIS HAND
WANTING TO GIVE ME SOMETHING. SO I HELD OUT MINE. WHAT HE DROPED IN MY HAND WAS 8 OUNCES OF GOLD AND ALL OF IT WAS IN NUGGETS
THE LARGEST OF THEM WAS A 3.3 OZ NUGGET THE REST RANGED FROM 3/4 OZ DOWN TO 1 DWT.THAT DAY WE MADE A TOTLE OF 17 OZ OF GOLD
ALL NUGGETS ALL ON LESS THEN 3 FEET OF OVERBURDEN TO BEDROCK. AND ARE SEASON WAS ON WE CONTINUED EVERY DAY TO GET GOLD ON THAT
LEVEEL FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHSSOME DAYS WE WOULD GET ONLY 1 TO 2 OUNCES OTHER DAYS WE WOULD GET AS MUCH AS 10 OUNCES. AND IT WAS ALL IN NUGGET
FORM THAT WE MADE A TOTLE OF 438 OUNCES BUT AT THE TIME GOLD WAS ONLY 200 PER OUNCE BUT WE DID GET MORE BECAUSE THEY
WERE NUGGETS.SINCE THEN WE HAVE MINED DOWN THE RIVER AS FAR AS 2 MILES DOWN BELLOW ARE CLAIM AND ALTHOUGH THE GOLD WAS NOT AS GOOD AS ABOVE
WE HAVE HAD SOME WELL OVER 100 OZ SEASONS, AND ALL NUGGETS WE HAVE FOUND 3 3OZ NUGGETS ON THIS RIVER. NOW WHY DO I TELL U THIS
HERE IT IS RIGHT UP ABOVE ARE BEST GOLD BERING CLAIM THE SAME CLAIM WE HAVE TAKEN CLOSE TO 700 OUNCES OF GOLD FROM IS 3 INCREDIBLE
DEEP HOLES THE DEEPEST OF THE 3 IS 26FT TO THE OVERBURDEN NOW U NEED TO TRUST ME ON THIS WHEN U LOOK AT THESE HOLES U HAVE TO
WONDER HOW ANY FINE GOLD AT ALL COULD GET OUT OF THEM LET ALONE THE KIND OF NUGGETS WE FOUND ONLY 200 YARDS BELLOW THEM. THESE
HOLES ARE LIKE BOWLS BIG AND ROUND ON THE BOTTOM COMING UP TO A SMALLER TOP. I HONESTLY THINK THERE WILL BE A FURTUNE IN THEM
AND I HAVE BEEN GOING IN THERE SINCE 1980 AND NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN IN THERE.SO WHAT IM LOOKING FOR IS SOMEONE WHO HAS A DREDGE
THAT WILL GET US THAT DEEP I OWN THE CLAIM, i know this sounds crazy but trust me its lagit ALSO WE HAVE MADE A TRAIL FOR A 4X4 QUAD TO GET ARE EQUIPMENT DOWN TO THE RIVER
BUT AS U MIGHT GUESS THIS IS NOT FOR SOMEONE THATS NOT SEASOND AND I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN THINK IN A EMERGENCY. WELL BOYS I GOT 3 MONTHS TO
GET THIS TOGETHER. DO U HAVE WHAT IT TAKES.ILL SEND PICS OF THE GOLD WE GOT AND EXPLAIN IN MORE DETAIL TO THOSE WHO CONTACT ME EMAIL ME AT [email protected] leave your number so i can contact u

Last edited:

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't read ALL UPPER CASE, can anyone translate?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HA HA! THAT SOUMD REEL DAM GOOD! I AM OLD MAN NOW, BUTT OH BOY, WISH I WAS YUNG GY, I WOOD GO FOR IT! GOOD LUCK TO U.

OP
OP
G

GARYLEE

Mar 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and many times even though it sounds to good to be true it really is and i bet theres been a bunch of people thats missed out on something good thinking like that. but thats ok too i need someone who still has the ability to dream big then go make it happen, not not the ones who only like to dream from the comfort of there bed, those type of people would not even make it to the bottom of the mountain were im going. remember your life is short!! live while your able.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you found that much gold Im sure you can afford the dredge :laughing7: or at least saved up for one...or collected the parts....or found an investor in the last 30 years

Chub

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what state are you in? You do know there's no dredging in Commyfornia.

OP
OP
G

GARYLEE

Mar 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you found that much gold Im sure you can afford the dredge :laughing7: or at least saved up for one...or collected the parts....or found an investor in the last 30 years

Chub

the truth is i have not been able to find anyone that was willing to do this with me i have taken 2 people that said they would down to look at it and both times they changed there minds when they seen what they would need to do. along with being tough enough to handle living on a river 10 days in with 2 days. most cant handle it

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the truth is i have not been able to find anyone that was willing to do this with me i have taken 2 people that said they would down to look at it and both times they changed there minds when they seen what they would need to do. along with being tough enough to handle living on a river 10 days in with 2 days. most cant handle it

Parker Schnabel.....Todd Hoffman....:laughing7: in all seriousness it reads like you must be in (at least)your mid 50s. Im in my mid 40s and already have osteo arthritis in my feet....I could probably get over that for the gold... ha ha. It sounds like you need someone young and energetic but also capable . How much would a rig and the other expenses be?

Chub

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what exactly is your offer:dontknow:

What state are you in.

How have you maintained ownership of this claim.

Has it been that long since you worked it?

Its hard to follow what your even saying.

Shankersbend

Dec 6, 2016
Oroville, WA.
Detector(s) used
Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's your dream so you shouldn't be looking for other dreamers, you should be looking for laborers, or crew members, or workers. Aside from the literacy, etc. problems with this post, the subconscious alarm bells are ringing loudly in my head.

On a serious side, if this was my situation I would go find a quiet, dark bar (seedy, if possible) along the beach in Coronado, California. Tell the bartender you are looking to hire people that can stay out in the wilderness for 10 days, can dive, and want to get very rich. Then sit back and get drunk while you wait. Now, mind you, that a lot of those young men couldn't hack it, but you might run into a 'bell ringer' looking for a new venture.

One other thing you might consider when someone walks away is that they may be walking away from you, not the hike in, or the work.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If this was a "true" story, someone left out the part where they sold some of that gold and bought a dredge with it to get more.
Now, this is just my opinion, and Lord knows I am NOT a brain surgeon, but it seems like the OP could have found a way to get a dredge by now on his own.
So I'm left with two choices. Stupid, or a liar. :skullflag:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First, this quote "AT THE TIME GOLD WAS ONLY 200 PER OUNCE BUT WE DID GET MORE BECAUSE THEY
WERE NUGGETS". Per this chart gold was never as low as $200 during the 1980's. Historical spot gold prices.

Second, nothing but nuggets in a "1,500 yards long" stretch of straight almost flat water section of a river?....seems to me that is where fines drop out of the flow. Just saying.

Those are only a couple of many things that don't add up in my mind.

Pie in the sky? Only he knows at this point. Luck to him if true.

PS: OP, pictures would be helpful in us believing your story.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this was a "true" story, someone left out the part where they sold some of that gold and bought a dredge with it to get more.
Now, this is just my opinion, and Lord knows I am NOT a brain surgeon, but it seems like the OP could have found a way to get a dredge by now on his own.
So I'm left with two choices. Stupid, or a liar. :skullflag:

And flown said dredge in with a charter helicopter after season 1. :tchest:

chub

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love the “dare” tactic this guy is using. Like anyone who isn’t biting isn’t worth his salt as a miner [emoji23]

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting