Change, change, change....in the park

ShootTheMoon

Apr 20, 2010
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100, Pioneer 101
I decided to get up extra early this morning and MD a very small park located 3 miles from where I work. The park is rough around the edges; old playground equipment, cracked and broken cement picnic tables, grassy/weedy areas, and a well worn soccer field. It does however receive a lot of use in the weekday afternoons & Saturday(s) all day by Spanish men playing soccer and women with small children. I didn't have long to forage, work comes early, so I walked around for about an hour and spent most of my morning hunched over picking up 1/2" to 1" dirt covered clad. I didn't have much time to go over them yet, but it looks to be about $15ish worth in pocket change. Mainly quarters. There were many state, current and a few pre-70's quarters, many pre-80's pennies. A few pre-70's nickels, and lot's of different year dimes. As well as many foreign coins. Not bad for an hour in a small park.

Btw, I am new to the forum, if you haven't guessed. :wink:
I have been an avid reader and guest and finally decided to sign up.

Hmm....I tried to post a picture and it crashes my Mozilla (?) It's about 30kb, so not a large file attachment.
I will try again after posting.

Edited to add photo. ;D

Attachments

• 0421000931.jpg
    0421000931.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ShootTheMoon

ShootTheMoon

Apr 20, 2010
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100, Pioneer 101
Thanks!
I don't think we have many MDing enthusiasts around here. I have just started MDing after moving here 4yrs ago from Baldwin County, AL. (Think beaches!) There are a lot of nice old properties I want to hunt on, but have to be super careful because of the Nat'l Forest butting up against everything to the west of me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread