CHANGED DIRECTIONS, IT WAS A GOOD CHANGE!!

muddpuppy

Jun 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday afternoon I took a couple hours off to do some chores. I got done earlier than I expected and went to detect. When I got to my destination I saw a large wash through the field. I spoke to the land owner and asked if anyone had walked the wash looking for Indian relics, he didn't think so. So here is where I decided to relic hunt instead. Well it was a GOOD AFTERNOON. I got 4 decent points, a couple of broken, three end scrapers and some iron relics. Keep Swinging (Searching)!!

Attachments

• file5.jpeg
    file5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 104
  • file1-4.jpeg
    file1-4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
  • file-15.jpeg
    file-15.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
  • file2-1.jpg
    file2-1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 75
  • file3-1.jpeg
    file3-1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • file4.jpeg
    file4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Upvote 29

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye!! You did real well. I love them points.

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful points! You've just uncovered the tip of the iceberg, I'd have to guess there are tons more hiding in the camouflage of rocks. Ddf.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi wow awesome finds. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
muddpuppy

muddpuppy

Jun 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful points! You've just uncovered the tip of the iceberg, I'd have to guess there are tons more hiding in the camouflage of rocks. Ddf.
Ddf, that’s exactly what I was thinking/hoping. I am planning a return trip and I will definitely be taking a rake. I can only assume I walk over many. Thanks for your input. Keep Swinging!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking points. That is quite a few for one outing. I'd be heading back there.

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
These are real nice pieces of our country's history that will soon will be harder to find, as university affiliated, and government authorities will someday refuse our permission to hunt.They will scrape and dust and everything they find will wll be cataloged and place on shelves in some out of the way never to be seen again, like the hundred of bodies and wonderful implements found and never studied after more than a hundred years. I do not approve of looting graves or National Parks,or archaeologist doing field excavation, just making outlaws of us who love to hunt and display to enjoy our hobby. This is Sunday and I have preached and my sermon is over. Again I enjoy your pictures and what you found.

OP
OP
muddpuppy

muddpuppy

Jun 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks gilmerman, I am not sure where you are located, but I know there is a proposed bill in Ohio that will restrict landowners from farming parts of their property. Some believe it will eventually get to restrict surface collecting also. good luck out there.

These are real nice pieces of our country's history that will soon will be harder to find, as university affiliated, and government authorities will someday refuse our permission to hunt.They will scrape and dust and everything they find will wll be cataloged and place on shelves in some out of the way never to be seen again, like the hundred of bodies and wonderful implements found and never studied after more than a hundred years. I do not approve of looting graves or National Parks,or archaeologist doing field excavation, just making outlaws of us who love to hunt and display to enjoy our hobby. This is Sunday and I have preached and my sermon is over. Again I enjoy your pictures and what you found.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I would love to find some and make a cool display case. Well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread