Charging fee for rolled coins

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day at my credit union I was informed that I could buy rolled coins but not return them because it costs the banks 5 or 6 dollars to have them rolled again, I suggested that I was willing to pay that extra fee they said they would check into that. Any one else running into the same situation?

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day at my credit union I was informed that I could buy rolled coins but not return them because it costs the banks 5 or 6 dollars to have them rolled again, I suggested that I was willing to pay that extra fee they said they would check into that. Any one else running into the same situation?

There was another thread about the very same thing just yesterday or the day before. Do not return your dump coins to your pickup bank. Return them to a bank where you have an account and use only for dumping coins.

OP
OP
L

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belong to a couple banks , but not everyone takes them I unlike allot of people here only do this like once a month or Less. And I only get a box of nickles or a box of dimes at a time

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belong to a couple banks , but not everyone takes them I unlike allot of people here only do this like once a month or Less. And I only get a box of nickles or a box of dimes at a time

In that case, you should pick up at one bank, then roll your rejects and deposit them to your other bank. It is unlikely the other bank will refuse your deposit.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megalodon is correct. Now my peculiar little bank will not take loose OR rolled coins. So I order from them very infrequently, cause they hate it and want to charge to order coins, and dump at my credit union which has a free coin counting machine, so no rolling needed.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Never heard of such a thing, my credit union is more than willing to accommodate any request with a smile

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread