chase accounts terminated.

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to deposit 50$ in cents and I was told by a teller that I needed to talk to a banker. Well after half an hour with this man he said that all my accounts where permanently closed and I was not even able to open a new account with them. He said it was a chase compliance issue and he was not allowed to tell me what that even ment. I have been with chase for 2 years and never a problem. I suspect it is because of my many many many deposits and withdrawals in short times? Could this be a result of my CRH hobby?

Upvote 0

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow such BS, you think someone would at least give a valid reason, really getting tired of banks! :BangHead:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW- that sucks, another reason I'm very glad I closed my account with them several yrs ago- they DONT care about their customers period!

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's a pretty harsh move on their part. It could very well be because of the numerous deposits and withdraws in a short period of time. I wouldn't make too much of it though. Just find another bank and move on.

OP
OP
Kilerclown25

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah and they are sending me a check with all my assets in the mail in 2-4 weeks. So I have 50$ in cents to last all of my needs for the next 2-4 weeks. :/ I may have to sell some of my silver. Darn chase!!!
If you guys don't mind me asking what bank should I use in the Midwest?

jwb

Greenie
Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
2-4 weeks???? That is BS!

I'm on my last straw with Chase as well, they have screwed me a few times in the past and only made right on one of them (of course the one that involved the lowest amount of money).

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Chase permanently closed my accounts as well as a few other members on here too. I was pulling over 80 boxes a week from them though, all of which were recorded to my "free" checking account. I agree that Chase ranks highest on the chart for not caring about their customers. The Chase deception.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys don't mind me asking what bank should I use in the Midwest?

Wells Fargo has been pretty good to me. The key is moderation. Don't go out and order an insane amount of boxes with a free checking account and expect everything to be ok.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When that certain someone tells them to close your accounts, they are forbidden by law to tell you why they did it. Google "bank closed my account for no reason" or "bank won't tell me why they closed my account" or "can a bank close your account for no reason." Notice how once you start typing the search, it auto completes. It happens to people all the time. These people then make such a fuss about about it that it is apparent they are not a threat to the security of their home land.

They wouldn't try to draw more attention to themselves if they were the nefarious outlaws they are suspected of being. The banks are not allowed to tell why they freeze you because if they did, it would divulge the "suspicious activity" that triggers the ever watchful eye to wield its never ending muscle. If the triggers became known, the no-goods could change their behavior just enough to not be noticed.

I guess so long as it makes someone, somewhere feel safer, what's the harm in impeding a law-abider's ability to get paid or pay his/her bills? It's worth it right? To feel safer... So that the bad guys can't have money... It's worth it. Right?

OP
OP
Kilerclown25

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I understand why it was done bit I still don't like it. :P I will try Wells Fargo and see what they can do for me. Would you guys say I should open a business account if I plan on ordering a large amount of boxes?

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Wells Fargo has been pretty good to me. The key is moderation. Don't go out and order an insane amount of boxes with a free checking account and expect everything to be ok.

4 boxes/week here with Chase. Opened a new account with them a few months back for $120 bonus, specifically for 4 boxes of halves a week. Branch manager even said I could dump them back if I wanted (never will). ~$2k balance to keep em happy. No issues yet.

WF is also good to me with 6-8 boxes a week on ~$3k balance. They also know the only purpose of the acct is for halves. However, about 1/4 boxes have been obvious dumps.

Find a new bank that will accommodate you, and sorry for them holding your dough hostage for that long.

OP
OP
Kilerclown25

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info AG! I'm gonna try Wells Fargo and bank of America. Well when I get all of my money back I will. So do you think I should have a business account with either of them?

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info AG! I'm gonna try Wells Fargo and bank of America. Well when I get all of my money back I will. So do you think I should have a business account with either of them?

Only if you enjoy paying fees and want to have all the transactions possibly logged with the IRS.

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a relative to dump coins for you. Get $50,000.00 in halves or cents then have them dump em :censored:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Td closed my acct So am not sure how it happened but my last bags were short over $1600 screw them. So now I have someone else do my dumping in td bags and penny arcade.Screw there fees!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Chase .. Is a weird outfit my wife and grand son had a joint checking account there ... And got a check from Oppenheimer Funds with both there names on it My grandson signed it then my wife signed under his name.......... They told her they could not deposit it in there checking account .... The reason they said was my wifes name should be on top and my grandsons under hers .....My grandsons name was on top and my wifes under his ...... So they could not accept the check.......................So they went to another Chase the one we never go to ... And they let them deposit the check and asked us if they the teller and bank manager were crazy at the Chase we use..... I said i thought they were nuts....... But we do not use Chase any more...................The Chase that would not take it was in Madison Ohio...... The Chase that took it was in Painesville Ohio.......And the Chase in madison was the one we used all the time......... And they just wanted to deposit the check in there account no cash back ???????

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
You're kidding, right? "Chase permanently closed my accounts as well as a few other members on here too. I was pulling over 80 boxes a week from them though, all of which were recorded to my "free" checking account. I agree that Chase ranks highest on the chart for not caring about their customers. The Chase deception." You think the BANK was wrong in this case? You have a small account, which is free to you. you ABUSE the bank by ordering 80 boxes a WEEK. they decide they are losing money on you, so they close your account. And you blame THEM?

Amazing!

What an attitude of entitlement! Dude, they are a business. They are WELL within their rights to say that you are costing them money, they don't want to do it, and they don't want your business. So you move on to the naxt bank. And try not to do 80 boxes a week! that's just SMART on your side. You weren't a customer of theirs. You were a leech to them. Draining them of time, money and resources. If you did 20 boxes a week there, and 20 at Wells, and 20 at BoA, maybe you'd be fine. But to abuse your account and the bank like you did and expect them to like it? I'll say it again. Amazing!

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tellers dont know your no longer a customer now chase will be the best bank ever! order from them!!!!!!

jwb

Greenie
Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I couldn't imagine ordering that many boxes a week, I feel odd going in asking for $50.00 in rolls....but I am new to this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread