Chase Removing Coin Machines?

xxmrrightxx

Sep 25, 2014
The Central U.S.
When I went to Chase yesterday to dump some dimes the manager told me that all the coin machines will be removed from all Chase locations by July 1st. I've been told this from 2 Chase Banks before a couple months ago that corporate was considering it. Has anyone else heard of this? Could it only be that specific chase? I'm worried because Chase accounts for 50-60% of all my dumps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
xxmrrightxx

xxmrrightxx

Sep 25, 2014
The Central U.S.
Oh, I almost forgot. I've also been told by that same manager that no Chase is allowed to order coins for customers, what are your thoughts about that?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me like they aren't accommodating their customers and to find a new bank. I'm glad I use a small local bank with several locations.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain - I currently live in Southern AZ. Where almost no banks or C.U.'s have coin counters . It's brought my
CRHing to a screeching halt .

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive actually heard this from about 3 others in various parts of the country

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
When I went to Chase yesterday to dump some dimes the manager told me that all the coin machines will be removed from all Chase locations by July 1st.

I've also been told by that same manager that no Chase is allowed to order coins for customers, what are your thoughts about that?

What are my thoughts? My first thought is "were you both picking up and dumping at Chase?" If so, I don't blame them. I suspect they're losing a boatload of money to CRH'ers.

Full disclosure, I use them myself, but only in a pick up capacity. My finds have been so bad I'm about to drop them.

OP
OP
xxmrrightxx

xxmrrightxx

Sep 25, 2014
The Central U.S.
What are my thoughts? My first thought is "were you both picking up and dumping at Chase?" If so, I don't blame them. I suspect they're losing a boatload of money to CRH'ers.

Full disclosure, I use them myself, but only in a pick up capacity. My finds have been so bad I'm about to drop them.

I was only dumping there, I've been dumping there for a year. Roughly $4,000-$8,000 in halves a month and maybe $1,000 in dimes which isn't a huge amount compared to some of the other CRHer's. I go to a couple other banks so I'm not dumping so much there.

OP
OP
xxmrrightxx

xxmrrightxx

Sep 25, 2014
The Central U.S.
I feel your pain - I currently live in Southern AZ. Where almost no banks or C.U.'s have coin counters . It's brought my
CRHing to a screeching halt .

I'm not at that point yet but I now I have to go a little out of my way, like 10-15 mins which isn't too bad. The Chase I always go to is pretty much right across the street. Sorry to hear about you not being about to find a coin counter.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost the same story with my Chase, however, my Chase will allow CWR's and they still order boxes for me. I prefer the CWR cuz sooner or later I'll get a collection dump. Just yesterday, bought 2-dime boxes plus $122 in mixed CWR qtrs,dimes,nicks. Once again some of the rolls were over-stuffed, and about $127.50 actual, but NO silver in the CWR.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
When tellers or managers often make statements that are not 100% true.
Usually each branch, district and region has some latitude for these kinds of rules.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I went to Chase yesterday to dump some dimes the manager told me that all the coin machines will be removed from all Chase locations by July 1st. I've been told this from 2 Chase Banks before a couple months ago that corporate was considering it. Has anyone else heard of this? Could it only be that specific chase? I'm worried because Chase accounts for 50-60% of all my dumps.

:coffee2: Here in downstate NY, the Chase Banks don't have coin counters. I use Chase as a pickup bank & dump elsewhere.
HH
Gary

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was only dumping there, I've been dumping there for a year. Roughly $4,000-$8,000 in halves a month and maybe $1,000 in dimes which isn't a huge amount compared to some of the other CRHer's. I go to a couple other banks so I'm not dumping so much there.

4-8k at ONE branch or multiple?

That's the big difference.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes me mad. We do all of our banking at Chase and today, as I was dumping my latest bag of coins (about $19 every 2 or 3 weeks), they said they won't take unrolled coins after 7-1-15.

My hobby is searching for errors, varieties and wheaties. I am a disabled, retired coin guy, so this is my joy in life.

Now Chase Bank wants to make it hard for me to enjoy this part of my life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread