Chasing an elderly gent.........

Carolinasmoke

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2013
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to say first off I am in my mid 20's, but today I seemed to be chasing this "elderly gent" around. I went through about 3 citys along a stretch of hwy, every time if I asked the teller if she had any silver halfs or dollars she showed me a a envelope with writing and the amount of money in it. "I went to about 15 banks". Then I went to a Wellsfargo I guess this is his big drop spot cause when I went to ask she said she had $280 dollars worth! I asked her If, they were all dropped off by the same person, she said yes.... Well one of the tellers told me he buys them from a specific credit union, So I went to that branch and the vault teller told me a branch that had a TONS of them and were ciruclated not wrapped. Its on a Military base and Im a vet so :thumbsup: so should I get them on the military base and dump them at the other branch? Or would this be a NO, NO? I mean I spent 3 hours today turning down his trailings lol.

I did get a box of pennies :) nothing great yet but I still got half the box to go.

Upvote 0

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That guy gets around. I think everyone has to deal with this guy.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes he was here too in Georgia. They said he just got all the halfs they had a hour before!!!!!!

68MUDSTUD

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't be asking the tellers specifically for "Silver half dollars".

that being said, thanks for your service!

OP
OP
C

Carolinasmoke

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2013
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He had already trained the senior teller at minimum, in every bank. As soon as I asked they said some elderly man asks for them all the time, then showed me his drop. This guy was not very wise at all, all the tellers had a idea of what I was looking for. I travel a bit and this is the first time I ran into a area of "teller intel". But it was a rich beach town on the NC coast so...

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man I hate that guy!!!

One time, I was told that the teller who had the halves, was out to lunch and to try back in an hour... Exactly an hour I stop back, wait in line, see the new teller who came back from lunch, and the guy right infront of me goes and asks for the halves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw his face, but still do not know how much silver, if any was picked up. I just stomped my foot and headed for the door... ended the day with 14 40%ers, but who knows how much more I could have had...

But he always is 1 step ahead of me... hehe

OP
OP
C

Carolinasmoke

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2013
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man I hate that guy!!!

One time, I was told that the teller who had the halves, was out to lunch and to try back in an hour... Exactly an hour I stop back, wait in line, see the new teller who came back from lunch, and the guy right infront of me goes and asks for the halves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw his face, but still do not know how much silver, if any was picked up. I just stomped my foot and headed for the door... ended the day with 14 40%ers, but who knows how much more I could have had...

But he always is 1 step ahead of me... hehe
That sux but, did you pick up his droppings all day? Not worried about what he had, more worried about someone handing me...... Dont think about what you could have had but what you can have ;). Should I just drop my taililngs in his area to discourage him or should I not is the question. I could drop at his pick up bank and I know his next box will at least have some of my droppings in it, or should I just keep dropping in the same spot?

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nahhh... too many coin counters near me to really find CRH'ers dumps... Im always behind "that guy" when trying to buy halves :P

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Normally one should buy them all, but in this case it sounds like they were full of "droppings" :tongue3: I try to avoid banks like that.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
That sux but, did you pick up his droppings all day? Not worried about what he had, more worried about someone handing me...... Dont think about what you could have had but what you can have ;). Should I just drop my taililngs in his area to discourage him or should I not is the question. I could drop at his pick up bank and I know his next box will at least have some of my droppings in it, or should I just keep dropping in the same spot?

If his pickup bank allows you to dump, go ahead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread