Cheap beachgoers!!!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello again! I hit the local city park today, hunted the beach area, finding only a few clad dimes, and a part of a cross from a necklace that at first looked like gold, but when I cleaned it up, appeared to be junk. After the beach, I headed back to the car and decided to do a quick check of the sand parking lot. I hunted on a line with where car doors would be when parked in the lot, and in 30 minutes, hit a pocketful of coins, 62 in all, and all of them PENNIES, and none even a wheatie!! Damn cheap RI beachgoers, lol! Thats what I get for hitting the free beach in city park where cheapos who don't want to pay to park go! They're cheap even in losing coins!!! I'll probably try again tommorow morning for an hour or two at a different beach! HH!!

Upvote 0

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I have a good idea. We should all get scissors and go to the clothing stores in our areas and cut holes in the pockets of all the pants.

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only took me about 1/2 hour to search the 4ft wide line across the parking area. I only searched the line of parking spaces nearest to the beach, as those are always the fullest during the summer. I stood at the very end of the lot, right in the center of where a car front door would be if a car was parked there, and just started searching, trying to stay within the car door line. Took me about 30 minutes to search the whole front line of parking spaces. The pennies came up fast because its a sand parking lot, and the sand is placed over what appeared to be an old paved parking lot bacause you could only dig about 2" before hitting asphault. Alot of the pennies popped right up on the first cut! I'll be back next weekend to hunt the other 3 rows of parking spaces, sticking to theoretical "car door" line and hoping for something more than pennies!

hunt4stuff

Greenie
Oct 12, 2004
I dont know if you are supposed to or not, treasurekidd, but try over near the stables in Goddard Park. I went over there before and found all kinds of horseshoe and snaffle bits! (Im from Coventry) I went in West Greewich and spent a half hour digging up a lawnmower blade. I guess Im just a rookie!

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm a newbie too. I just started about a month ago, and have been sticking to the basics like beaches, parks and schools here in Warwick. As for Goddard Park, detecting is allowed only on the beach, the rest is off limits, so be cautious next time! I have a few sites in Coventry on my list of sites to hit this summer: The small park on the side of Tiouge Lake, my favorite fishing hole on Johnsons Pond, and Central Coventry Park, which is a former Army Nike missle launch site back in the 50s-60s. I have been told that all the old Army buildings are still there in the park, but boarded up. Have you been up there at all???

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey beachgoer,did your dig the yard thing today got of work early!found some nails,some kind of bracket to a grill or mini bike,etc.and a 1964 nickel check it in a bit needs a clean up and a local park the other day got a few dimes lot of pennys to!!most around the base of trees lots in this park some about 75-100 years old.even hit the asphalt parking lot just foil and caps. a 1965 quarter off the beaten path in a wooded trail section on some trails!so check in all those iffy places they are all clad but free money!! need a nice ring to find for my girlfreind!!!!!soil around here is very clay at about a 18 inchs (live in illinois)the top 3-4 inchs is just starting to freeze maybe a few more days of hunting then im going to hit the snow piles during the spring thaw in the local malls found paper money alot when i was a kid and walked every where!inthe ,cold bbbbrrrrrrrr!would like some feed back on any ideas for winter hunting not into the frozen ground from any one here!!!got a tip on an old drive in(from a contracter at my work site today)very close to my house to checkout too!!!!!so drop in convo. that you detect and the info flows out,he detects to didnt get his name or number,hope he reads this!so happy swinging to all and to all a swingig good night(wink)! ;D DEKALB33

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have any bars near the beach with walkways that have sand near them, check these, I have done well around them. People get drunk and drop all kinds of stuff on their way out the doors. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread