Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know much about Dowsing ..but i bought a cheap pair made of copper looks like home made ones off Ebay for around $30.00 and they do work for me...I use them to find coins and what ever we hunt for... And when they lead me to a spot and they make that X that is where the two wires cross over each other i put them down take my Detector check out the spot some times it is right under the X and some times in 4 or 5 feet area around the X but I ALWAYS FIND SOME THING WHEN THEY TELL ME IT IS THERE...................................... I never used them before and to me it is WEIRD but it seems to work for me............ Jim

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
Congrats roachnjim,

I started with bent coat hangers with similar results. Now I made a set out of brass rods and they work better. The more you practice the better you'll get, I'm still learning.

There is plenty of information here for you to read regarding dowsing.

Good luck
BF750

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well... BF750... You know maybe i should get a better pair seeing as how they work for me..... Jim

BF750

Aug 2, 2007
NEPA, PA
Dell Winders said:
Well... BF750... You know maybe i should get a better pair seeing as how they work for me.....

The Rods you are using seem to be working fine. It's a matter of learning to discriminate your targets, and learning to interpret the reactions of the rod(s) correctly in the manner which you consistently hold the rods.

You may be more comfortable with the feel, and speed of reaction of longer, shorter, thicker, or thinner rods, or the size of the handle grips. You can make your own rods and experiment.

Dowsing, is a great learning experience. Dell

What Dell said... I'm to new at dowsing to be offering advice other than read, and follow the advice of Dell, aarthur, teleprospector and others in this forum. All of them have written about dowsing in this forum, regarding what works for them. Now you have to practice and find out what works for you, what works for one person may not work for you and vice versa.

Right now I'm experimenting with the length of the rods, then different thicknesses. I put handles on my rods but I don't care for them so I removed them, but that's my preference. I have also noticed that if I take a carefree attitude in trying to locate something the rods respond better than trying to (for the lack of a better word) "force" it to locate an item. If it's there great if not oh well, maybe next time.

The rods are just another "tool" to pack along with your MD, sifter, shovel whatever else you carry. Remember repetition is the mother of skill.

HH
BF750

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The rods are just another "tool" to pack along with your MD, sifter, shovel whatever else you carry. Remember repetition is the mother of skill.
Well said BF750,,,,They are just a tool….Art

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Jim, you say "some times it is right under the X and some times in 4 or 5 feet area" What kind of spots are you starting out at? Like, a park or school or what? If it is such a place, what's to stop there from simply being a coin in such parameters, even without the rods? Like, I can go to any number of parks or schools, and gauranteed, if I were to grid off every "4 or 5 feet", I could probably find coins (albeit zinc or clad anyhow) in each of those squares.

So what type spots are you hunting?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello RoachnJim,
Welcome!
Sounds like you are off to a good start.
As you may know, getting "feedback" from practice is important with any new endeavor if you are expecting success for your efforts, but with dowsing, I feel there is no "graduation" day beacause of one nice find, but view it as a lifetime of "still in school." Dowsers not only help others, but we help each other. Each new task or hunt is unique in itself, which makes learing more about dowsing so intriguing to the human mind. You may have heard of people who are or were "code talkers", well dowsers are "code receivers"
For me, it's not how many minutes I practice, but how often I put in those minutes.
Wishing you much success with dowsing,
Jon

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I feel there is no "graduation" day beacause of one nice find, but view it as a lifetime of "still in school." Dowsers not only help others, but we help each other. Each new task or hunt is unique in itself, which makes learing more about dowsing so intriguing to the human mind.
Right as usual Jon...Sometimes I see a couple of words in a post that helps explain a problem I have been working on...Art

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom_in_CA said:
Jim, you say "some times it is right under the X and some times in 4 or 5 feet area" What kind of spots are you starting out at? Like, a park or school or what? If it is such a place, what's to stop there from simply being a coin in such parameters, even without the rods? Like, I can go to any number of parks or schools, and gauranteed, if I were to grid off every "4 or 5 feet", I could probably find coins (albeit zinc or clad anyhow) in each of those squares.

So what type spots are you hunting?
Well Tom_in_Ca I started to hunt my own yard i have been hunting my yard for 17 years and the last couple of years i would find nothing.I got those rods and started to find coins in my yard but i thought there was nothing left to be found in the yard. I only have a 1 1/2 Acre lot and have not been finding any thing here untill i got those rods.I know there are a lot of SCEPTIC'S out there and people that don't believe i always thought it was a joke but not any more ...I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN WITH MY OWN EYES AND HAD MY HANDS LED TO THE SPOT WERE THE COINS WERE ...Just follow the wires get the X and dig... Jim

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I'm assuming the coins are within metal detection range, since you "pinpointed" them with a detector, right? If that's the case, you simply weren't thorough with your initial detecting. 1.5 acres doesn't seem like that big of an area. I mean, imagining that size land in my mind, and imaging walking around carefully over-lapping passes with my detector, seems you could've covered every speck with a detector in not that long of a period of time. That tells me you simply weren't thorough initially with the detector.

Now if they were beyond detection range (over 10 or 12"?), then that would be a hard point for skeptics to grapple with. Do you know what I mean?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks for sharing you experence. If you have any more let us know about them. The nay-sayers are aways lurking around here to try and discount anything that you say...Art

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Naysayers? A spade is a spade bro! If a rod points to a spot I've already detected, and now something's there, you would tell me that I obviously didn't detect the spot well enough to begin with. (unless it was beyond detection range) No? What gives? I think I made an honest observation. I am trying hard to find stuff that is outside of the random chance explanations, and you guys are having trouble finding good ones to prop up your side. This is just another example of one that doesn't seem to hold water, so I ask this honest question. C'mon!

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders said:
Well... BF750... You know maybe i should get a better pair seeing as how they work for me.....

The Rods you are using seem to be working fine. It's a matter of learning to discriminate your targets, and learning to interpret the reactions of the rod(s) correctly in the manner which you consistently hold the rods.

You may be more comfortable with the feel, and speed of reaction of longer, shorter, thicker, or thinner rods, or the size of the handle grips. You can make your own rods and experiment.

Dowsing, is a great learning experience. Dell
I agree. Trying different rods, also helps you learn, and improve.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom_in_CA said:
Naysayers? A spade is a spade bro! If a rod points to a spot I've already detected, and now something's there, you would tell me that I obviously didn't detect the spot well enough to begin with. (unless it was beyond detection range) No? What gives? I think I made an honest observation. I am trying hard to find stuff that is outside of the random chance explanations, and you guys are having trouble finding good ones to prop up your side. This is just another example of one that doesn't seem to hold water, so I ask this honest question. C'mon!
Well let's say i did miss the target.. But with out the Rods i would have never found it.And also it makes detecting a lot more easy.Pull out the rods they show me the spot i take the detector and locate and dig.So you can not say they do not work for i have proved they work...Well you can say that they don't work for you my friend are a nonbeliver.... ==Jim==

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey roachnjim….We have discussed random chance many times. I quit talking about it when the experts on random chance told me that if I was to go dowsing with a blind man his odds were the same as mine to locate gold. …Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
Critics also say that Dowsing doesn't work without vision needed for Dowsers to see the location of a target by direct site, or geological clues. They sure have a lot of excuses why it can't work. Dell
Have you tried dowsing blindfolded, Dell?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread