Cheap Gold Finds

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I got a notification yesterday from one of my estate sale contacts that it was half price day. We were in the midst of a tornado warning. I had been to the sale before so I almost didn't go but the weather cleared up an hour before the end of the sale. The first time I went was on the pre-sale before they sent out invitations to their email list. There were maybe a couple dozen people at the pre-sale & I thought I had done a good job of checking out the jewelry. Obviously I didn't because I found these 2 pieces when I showed up 30 minutes before the half price sale ended. These had made it through the pre-sale, invitation sale, public sale, & most of half price day. Neither piece is marked. The stick pin tests out at 14k & the choker varies between 12k & 14K. The choker appears to be a Victorian piece. It has some dings/dents, a non-original clasp, & has had some links replaced over the years. Total price for the 2 pieces plus a sterling pin that weighed 3.1 grams was $2...total gold weight of almost 19 grams.

9941.JPG 002.JPG

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SCORE!!! Good job and Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread