🙋 WANTED Cheap starter detector...nothing fancy!

NCHomesteader

Greenie
Feb 26, 2017
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all, I had Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 several years ago and I loved it. I let family borrow it and we all know how that ends up. I am hoping one of y'all might have a cheap rig collecting dust in a closet somewhere that I would be able to buy for fairly cheap. I know it's a stretch but $50 is all I would be able to afford at the moment. I've been researching some old homesteads that I have known about for years and have access to dig but I don't want to worry about wasting my money on one of the set-ups from Amazon that's in my price range. Springs here and I got the itch, and no, not just from the poison ivy! If you have a broken rig that you might be willing to donate if I pay shipping, that would be awesome too, I'm pretty handy when it comes to fixing basically anything. Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing what you might have available!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look for a used Tesoro Compadre. Good luck to you! :occasion14:

afreakofnature

Nov 16, 2010
I have a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 for sale on CL for 125 if interested. Ill PM you here in an hour after getting ready for work. I should also say i am willing to trade too. That might be even better for you.

Last edited:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have Hobby Lobby in your area, a $40 off cupon should get you out the door with a bounty hunter detector for under $100

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
No, go with the Tesoro Compadre as recommended by Terry. That detector is a ramp up to your future understanding of just what the heck you're doing. Tesoro does rock, period. Go there and don't look back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread