Check it out! New "Comparison" Feature on Kellyco!

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check it out! New "Comparison" Feature on Kellyco!

I've been busy lately and there's a good reason why!!!

Check it out!

We are VERY excited to announce the launch of a new feature on www.Kellycodetectors.com! We are proud to now offer the most comprehensive list of comparable metal detector details on the internet!

While that may sound like a mouthful, it's one of the easiest to use features on our website today and gives you the power to compare any three metal detectors of your choice.

Simply find the metal detector of your choice and do the following:

1. Select the "Compare this detector" button. It's located just above the main photo of every metal detector. A window will pop up with a list of your detector's features.
2. Select the detector you would like to compare it to from our alphabetical "Add a Detector" list and its details will appear side-by-side!
3. Repeat step 2 as needed – you can compare up to three metal detectors all at the same time!

For an example, visit the Minelab E-Trac page: http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/e_trac_buy.htm

You'll see the "Click to compare this metal detector" button in blue. Click it and compare it to two other metal detectors!!

Of course, if you have any thoughts, concerns or praise for these changes, please share your comments with me!!

I worked *really* hard on getting all of these details together and you would not believe the size of the spreadsheet... but I KNOW this is a super helpful feature, since I was able to use the plain ol' spreadsheet to answer questions and help a few of you guys around here.

SooOoOoOooo - Whatcha THINK!?!?! :wink:

RNELSON

Oct 7, 2008
Re: Check it out! New "Comparison" Feature on Kellyco!

sounds great. i will give it a try .. thank you for your help.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

I LOVE it!!!!!!

It is very easy to use and gives you some good info all on one screen. Defintiely a winner!!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
K

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mastereagle22 said:
I LOVE it!!!!!!

It is very easy to use and gives you some good info all on one screen. Defintiely a winner!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking a minute to check it out! I'm *dying* to know what ya'll think! I worked soooooo hard on it. I hope it gets lots of use!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice. Should be very helpful and eliminate the bouncing around when checking detectors out. You did good girl. :wink:

OP
OP
K

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnnycat said:
Very nice. Should be very helpful and eliminate the bouncing around when checking detectors out. You did good girl. :wink:

Why thank you!! We wanted to help people with the "at a glance" features - of course for more details you can always go to the descriptions and reviews, but this should help with those pesky "which one is lighter?" or "which one has more modes?" typa questions... ya know?

So glad you guys like it!!!

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KellycoChick,
I'm very impressed! Hopefully I'll be getting a chance to really make use of
it around Christmas time this year. Little Ramapirate and his best buddy and
2nd cousin are starting to get interested in the hobby. Maybe me and Santa
can give Kellyco a holler before long.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Ramapirate

PS: I really like my big coil I ordered last week for my Ace 250, it's a whizz
banger!!

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD

That new comparison feature is 'finner-n-fuzz on a ticks lip'. If you were her I'd give you a big ole smack on the cheek! Thanks Blaine

OP
OP
K

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

riverite said:
Been looking for some thing like that .thanks :icon_jokercolor:

yay!!! Keep the feedback coming please! If you guys find anything wrong with it, don't hesitate to PM me!!!

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a nice feature, to be able to see what's what without searching through many web pages. :thumbsup:

I have worked on a few spreadsheets myself so I know what kind of work it can be. Thanks much for your effort.

Now I got to surf back over to your site and see if you have anything like it just for coil comparisons. Ah...we customers are always wanting more :wink:

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star

I was in your site last night and did the side by side comparison with the MD I have and the MD I want to get my son. It was very helpful, easy to use and understand. I might be another Tnet person that might be calling to get an MD for a Christmas present.

Give youself a pat on the back, you did a great job. :thumbsup:

Sue

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac

:thumbsup: Great!!! Should have done it years ago. Just compared the detector I just bought to my second choice. I picked the right one!!!!! ;D I would have saved a lot of thinking if I had the comparison chart before I bought.

OP
OP
K

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

davew0710 said:
:thumbsup: Great!!! Should have done it years ago. Just compared the detector I just bought to my second choice. I picked the right one!!!!! ;D I would have saved a lot of thinking if I had the comparison chart before I bought.

Glad to hear you picked the right detector, lol!! We agree that it should have been done years ago, but it was soooo hard trying to define the categories that we were going to break all detectors down by. It's still a little confusing. But so glad you guys love it! It means the world to me that I can help make ya'lls life easier!!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very good. A great tool for comparison. Could you include other brands you do not sell? Also if you could refine it to show all detector with a certain feature, up to 5 features and list them. Anything you do will help
K Co sell detectors.

My 2,

Ed D.

OP
OP
K

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Born2Dtect said:
Very good. A great tool for comparison. Could you include other brands you do not sell? Also if you could refine it to show all detector with a certain feature, up to 5 features and list them. Anything you do will help
K Co sell detectors.

My 2,

Ed D.

Hey Ed - thanks for the suggestions! I do hope to get specs for brands we don't carry (namely Tesoro) but that is going to take a considerable amount of research and time (you have no idea how long THIS took!) I heard from someone else that we should list the price of each detector, and we'll probably also include the star rating with a link to the reviews of each detector... you're asking if we can do a "sort by feature" which technically since the data is there so we probably can, but I'll talk to my people about putting that on the list for a later date... good idea's tho! Glad we can help!!! Keep 'em comin!!

Users who are viewing this thread