Check out this magicians coin!!!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard "thud" when I dropped it on the table and searched for a seam but couldn't find one. I knew it had to be a magicians coin so I just dropped it on the floor and sure enough it popped...I've never seen anything like this! Pretty cool coin!

image-477594814.jpg

Upvote 0

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cooler than most I've seen posted

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
WIT said:
That's cooler than most I've seen posted

This is the first full coin I've found...I never even knew what they looked like on the inside! I usually just find the shell/cup half so this was pretty cool for me!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never realized that they got caught up in the system and people actually find them in rolls until I saw people post them here

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice coin most of mine look like that

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'd trade a 40% for one any day of the week, any week of the year, any year of the decade, any decade of the century homeslice.

There used to be an old time poster that paid a 40%'er for each magician coin. He was part of an amateur magician club. To buy new magician coins with the bang ring, he said it cost $20. He had plenty of bang rings, but needed the coins to supply to other club members. His offer might have been as recent as 2 years ago.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd trade a 40% for one any day of the week, any week of the year, any year of the decade, any decade of the century homeslice.

I'd certainly trade the dozen or so I've found for silver.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what you have is the scotch and soda coin trick...... cool find

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find, i keep them too, but lately, my magician half dollar finds have been fake looking "plastic" mexican coins on the inside.

skydog

Mar 16, 2011
I've heard of people successfully opening them by soaking them in water (if you see any bubbles so much the better) and then freezing them; the expanding water should open it up.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
skydog said:
I've heard of people successfully opening them by soaking them in water (if you see any bubbles so much the better) and then freezing them; the expanding water should open it up.

I knew it was a magicians coin so I just held it about head high (6'6") and dropped it in my floor...one bounce is all it took to pop open!

I've heard of people shaking them around in a can to open them so I figured it had to work!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
They are a very cool find ( at least I think so) I have almost 15 of them by now, if you really start looking hard for them, you'll find that you have probably been passing some up in your boxes, now that I look for them allot harder, It seems I have been finding more of them. HH. Maverck.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
here ya go, have a gander

Hey Dale, thanks for the vid, I never knew what the trick was for these coins, time for me to do some Magic for the tellers now. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions