Check out this old book!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spirit of St. Louis 1953 Charles Lindbergh. Condition is not all that great but what's inside of it is interesting!

image-3166399739.jpg

image-3323587820.jpg

image-2128004716.jpg

Attachments

• image-1249601312.jpg
    image-1249601312.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow cool score

Well I'm actually at the thrift store I work for pricing stuff for them. But this is just something that came in on donation. Thought I would share it I have the option to buy it but I don't think I'm going to. If dad signed it be another story!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ehhhh are you crazy ? sheeesshhhh.. buy the book man.
Condition is fine.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ehhhh are you crazy ? sheeesshhhh.. buy the book man. Condition is fine.

How much do you think it's worth? I don't know books very well. I saw this one online they're asking $70 dollars for. But I don't know if it was a first edition or not

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in this back or I'm going through all these old books and there's this machine sitting here. It's a heat press for T-shirts I've never seen anything like it. They sell anywhere from like $125 to probably 450.

image-2242193424.jpg

image-4251584071.jpg

image-3068144297.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is this thrift store... I ll come buy it. heh
I will never look at another post of yours again if you do not buy that book. heh
Listen... Its like this... how much are you gonna have to pay for that book ?
Gotta be worth a heck of a lot more than that...
Worth buying and sealing in big ziplock and puting on the shelf for a rainy day fund even if you cannot find a value.
I will tell you this much... it will only go up in value.
All Lindbergh collectibles do.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.... take it when you go to Vegas and get on Pawn Stars Show...heh

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I want the Phrenology book... I teach history and this runs in to what I call "Predetermination." The idea that you can predict a persons behavior, intelligence, and so on by certain "Scientific" systems. Social Darwinism, Eugenics, and Phrenology were some of its main components. Its funny how the rich were always measured as exceptional by the systems they created...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(ARRC just stares at dejapooh) ...........................................

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in this back or I'm going through all these old books and there's this machine sitting here. It's a heat press for T-shirts I've never seen anything like it. They sell anywhere from like $125 to probably 450.

Are you sure that machine is for T-Shirts? I think that may be a photo dry mounting press. My father was a professional photographer and taught photography at a college in his later years. I was his lab assistant while I attended the school. He had machines that looked very much like that. They were used to attach photo prints to heavy mounting board. You would put a special type of paper-like material under your print, position the print on the mounting board and put the whole arrangement on the press. The heat from the press would turn that paper-like material into adhesive and make for a very durable mount.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(ARRC waits for dejapooh to speak again)......................

heh deja,,,, agreed.
As far as reading...BUT WAIT !... I wonder which book of the 2 is worth the most.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious to know.
Someone donated a GOOD library worth of books it seems...
Um beach kid... go to town man and search all the books and make a pile then make offer.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure that machine is for T-Shirts? I think that may be a photo dry mounting press. My father was a professional photographer and taught photography at a college in his later years.

I think it could probably be used for both. same idea, apply heat to transfer an image or apply heat to mount a photo.

Funny thing, when i was in college in my photo class the other students would come to me with questions and not the prof. I had just done three tours of viet nam as a photographer in the navy.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not buy any of them. I left them all there. With my kids off for Christmas I wanted to come home and spend time with them. I left them in my little pricing office though so no one will touch them until I go back on Tuesday.

Besides the old books someone also donated a large suitcase full of Legos. There were tons of them!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure that machine is for T-Shirts? I think that may be a photo dry mounting press. My father was a professional photographer and taught photography at a college in his later years. I was his lab assistant while I attended the school. He had machines that looked very much like that. They were used to attach photo prints to heavy mounting board. You would put a special type of paper-like material under your print, position the print on the mounting board and put the whole arrangement on the press. The heat from the press would turn that paper-like material into adhesive and make for a very durable mount.

Appears to be shirt press... iron ons

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions