Check out this puppy

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I haven't been on here much lately, life has got me busy with all sorts of things. But I wanted to show y'all this one I found a while ago.

It was only about 10 inches deep, I about flipped when I pulled it out. Look at that one crazy long barb on it! The other one isn't broken, it's just shorter. It's a Little River point, made of a type of banded Ouachita quartzite, we don't see many points here made from this banded material.

I was having a bad day, and hadn't found a thing but some flakes. It was hot and I was depressed, then -BAM- out this puppy comes. What a day-maker.

Attachments

• LRpoint.JPG
    LRpoint.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 132
  • LRpoint2.jpg
    LRpoint2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been on here much lately, life has got me busy with all sorts of things. But I wanted to show y'all this one I found a while ago.

It was only about 10 inches deep, I about flipped when I pulled it out. Look at that one crazy long barb on it! The other one isn't broken, it's just shorter. It's a Little River point, made of a type of banded Ouachita quartzite, we don't see many points here made from this banded material.

I was having a bad day, and hadn't found a thing but some flakes. It was hot and I was depressed, then -BAM- out this puppy comes. What a day-maker.

Wow awesome! Looks a lot like mine found this year in SE Tennessee NE Alabama. I was told mine was slate. They look verrry similar.
image.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread