Check this out,

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine that the road that runs by the old grave yard out to Pangburn road has been there a long time no?
So, anything else (another grave yard, former house, etc...) probably would be close to the road?
I guess anywhere it looks like there was an old road would be a good place to look for an old foundation (If there was other or another home in the area)

These are just my guesses, cause I sure am no expert

That's a heack of alot of land to search!

Have you detected any where around the farm house or around it's out builidings yet?

OP
OP
R

Rich

Alchemy said:
I imagine that the road that runs by the old grave yard out to Pangburn road has been there a long time no?
So, anything else (another grave yard, former house, etc...) probably would be close to the road?
I guess anywhere it looks like there was an old road would be a good place to look for an old foundation (If there was other or another home in the area)

These are just my guesses, cause I sure am no expert

That's a heack of alot of land to search!

Have you detected any where around the farm house or around it's out builidings yet?
thx for the reply,thereis 2 more graveyards on the property "3 in total",i havent check for cellers but have seen signs of stone moving/cutting,so there has to be a celler around...the road has been there for a long time......

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello rich
about "were to start"
back in the day they would have picnics and what not
after a funeral usually they were all day affairs
kids playing adult gossip eating drinks loving etc
so maybe the areas around the graveyard in the woods etc perhaps much older trees with much younger trees around this most likely
back in the day was lightly wooded spot with a field near by for horses to graze
would be a good start lots of shade in the summer etc trees for the kids to climb etc
between the road and the graveyard along the wood fringes would be good place to work
also look for small bottle dumps from these gatherings ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread