rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty good it still had the fresh smell of diesel fuel so I didn't stay long in case they weren't done out there yet. Kinda jumped around real quick still a lot of debris on the ground. Next rain should help quite a bit. I did see some new deer stands out there so I can only look on the week days. I was happy to be out, rock
Not bad for a quick look I will be going back.

Attachments

• SDC11557.JPG
    SDC11557.JPG
    780.2 KB · Views: 95
  • SDC11558.JPG
    SDC11558.JPG
    780.7 KB · Views: 99
  • SDC11559.JPG
    SDC11559.JPG
    799.9 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC11560.JPG
    SDC11560.JPG
    782.5 KB · Views: 85
  • SDC11561.JPG
    SDC11561.JPG
    726 KB · Views: 84
  • SDC11562.JPG
    SDC11562.JPG
    765.7 KB · Views: 98
  • SDC11563.JPG
    SDC11563.JPG
    706 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
That new field looks promising. I really like those white quartz pieces. I wonder how hard it was to work a piece of that material. One would think it would be easily broken.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything had some damage on it today. But the quartz one is a scraper its called porcelain quartz it has a creamy feel to it like a cold cream jar. The small point is damaged at the bas a little but shows Archaic flaking on it so Im thinking it is a round base Morrow Mountain. They liked the quartz in that time frame.
Thanks huntress

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there is potential for some better finds in that field, so get back out there and find that humdinger. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to wait till next week they say rain Thursday and if so then it should wash some of that cotton to balls and clear the rows more. I can hope anyway.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to wait till next week they say rain Thursday and if so then it should wash some of that cotton to balls and clear the rows more. I can hope anyway.

i don't get what you mean rock???............and i am not trying to be silly

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't get what you mean rock???............and i am not trying to be silly

Well if you haven't ever walked a cotton field after the harvest that is why you don't get it. Cotton and twigs are all over the place in the rows mostly. The field is on a hill so the rain will flow down the rows and pick up speed which will then collect the cotton and twigs and deposit it and the bottom of the hill. The debris will gather in small groups kinda ball up in a pile. The piles are easy to carry off the field then so the next rain will do the same thing it will clear the rows so the dirt shows. That is where the artifacts will be and will be visible to the naked eye. I let mother nature do it for me. If it stays cold the grass wont grow back fast. Very good question.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to know what is hard on the eyes just walk a cotton field right after they harvest, you will go snow blind. Rock knows what I'm talking about. Around here they have done the 2 disking and made their rows and have ran a roller over them to pack them down for the winter.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I just don't know how good this winter is going to be for me I hate to say. The ground cover is already setting in and the cotton is all over. The rain we had was only 1/2 inch which wasn't good to wash anything. The No Till this year is going to be tough by the looks of it. They aren't planting cover crops but they aren't going to spray the weeds either which are already coming up fast. Last year was good maybe next will be different. HH everyone rock

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice for a quick hunt.I would imagine there is allot waiting for you there.I walked around most of the day today,almost got skunked,but I got lucky towards the end and found some kind of exhausted scraper or tool.Not much for a 6 hour hunt but I can't complain.I am like you,felt good to get back out there.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had many days like that. I hope to get back out soon. Thanks iron

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still-- a new field- and with potential, as you've shown us. One way or the other, you're going to get at it when the opportunity's right- and good luck to you when that happens! HH- Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread