Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checkin' in

Hello,

Its been a dry couple of months with a little clad here or there...i'm running out of places to hunt and school is eating up a lot of my time. This will probably be the last good hunt if i don't get to this old farm i'm looking at before the ground freezes over.

Well, a week ago, i saw two people rehabing an old house thats been for sale forever and i went up and asked and they said go for it. They were still fixing it up when i went back there and asked if i could MD while they're still working and they said sure. The lawn was filled with trash from fill dirt or something and it was hard to get good areas to MD. I found an old spoon, no idea of the date, that says something & something co nickel silver- does that mean it has some silver in it? Then i found my first gas token! its a Sunoco antique car game and i got the Simplex Speedster. Then after a bit of clad in the detectable part of the yard, i hit the curb and got a penny hit. as i scooped down to pick it up, my MD went crazy and i saw a huge pile of them, about 25 in all. I supposed these were just thrown out of the car or something because there were only pennies and someone needed room in the cup holder ::)

I havn't been posting a lot because we have all heard "great finds" a little too often, so i try to only post if i have something meaningful to say.

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_1483.jpg
    IMG_1483.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Checkin' in

It is hard finding "good" finds....but heck..to be honest, I like to see clad and junque too...Just lets me know that I am not the only one not finding those real old coins...but, I keep trying. Hope the ground stays unfrozen for you for awhile..HH

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Re: Checkin' in

Thats a good token. Worthy of displaying some day. Now you just need to find the rest of the sunoco tokens :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread