Checking Account PROmotions? what gives, yo?

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
alot of banks now are offering checking account promotions, could add up to some C/H/R/'n gas-o-line fund money; dollar bank, huntington and others are offering it. If you combine the amounts you get from each, even more money. unfortunately, its taxed and you need to waste some serious time filling out the tax form 1099-INT according to the advertisements they send me. i susssspect, that this is just a ploy to get C/H/R/rs to open checking accounts rather than savings.

any(1) take advantage of these promos? 1099-INT is a deal killa for me.

100_hdr.png

https://www.huntington.com/100/
Get $150 when you open a qualifying Dollar Bank checking account!

Upvote 0

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw those but don't you have to have a direct deposit into account or a certain number of debit card transactions per month for the first 3 months?

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my accounts except 1 are checking accounts. Most the savings accounts here limit you to 3 withdraws from a savings per month then charges apply, the interests wouldn't win over the fees.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
alot of banks now are offering checking account promotions, could add up to some C/H/R/'n gas-o-line fund money; dollar bank, huntington and others are offering it. If you combine the amounts you get from each, even more money. unfortunately, its taxed and you need to waste some serious time filling out the tax form 1099-INT according to the advertisements they send me. i susssspect, that this is just a ploy to get C/H/R/rs to open checking accounts rather than savings.

any(1) take advantage of these promos? 1099-INT is a deal killa for me.

https://www.huntington.com/100/
Get $150 when you open a qualifying Dollar Bank checking account!

I do it all the time! Last year I got $675 from Chase alone for taking advantage of these "teaser" promotions! $150 for a new checking account...sure why not! I just had to have at least $500 a month of my direct deposit go there. After six months they don't penalize you so I just closed the account. 1099 was sent in the mail and it shows as interest.

Chase savings with a minimum opening deposit of $10,000...didn't say anything about keeping anything but the $300 minimum! Opened the account...$10,000 deposit...two days later got the $125 bonus...immediately did a withdraw of everything but the required $300 balance. Let it sit or six months so I don't forfeit the bonus the. Close the account!

Applied for a chase credit car that offered 40,000 bonus pts if you spend $3000 in the first 90 days. We booked a trip with the card, got the bonus pts which were converted into $400 cash...still have the card...

A 1099 is NOT the end of the world...it's just additional income!

Now that the accts are closed once a year goes by I will be eligible for these promotions again! I figure I should see them in the mail teasing me again in 2014...

I say work the system whenever you can! There is "free" money out there!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for the awful spelling! On my phone in a car that my wannabe NASCAR driving wife is in control of!!!

HH

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin Town is absolutely right about these promotions, and my hats off to you for working the system to your advantage. You are a "bank promotion hunter."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions