x#1

Greenie
Aug 27, 2013
cherokee county,al.
Detector(s) used
jetco huntmaster gtx ,garrett treasure ace 100, and a tesoro cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just curious regarding cherokee county/weiss lake area.anyone doing any md-ing? i know this area is absolutely rich in artifacts of all kinds from Indian to civil war and everything in between and beyond.

i'd be interested to meet up now that the cooler temps are filtering in.surely someone knows of places that we can comb over.

i am not opposed to drive a little but prefer to not venture too far out during the week.I date a gal from calhoun county/piedmont and am learning of areas down there.this part of bama is civil war skirmish rich and chock full of old home sites/farmland and heavily laden with history in general-

OP
OP
X

x#1

Greenie
Aug 27, 2013
cherokee county,al.
Detector(s) used
jetco huntmaster gtx ,garrett treasure ace 100, and a tesoro cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just in case some are not familiar w/cherokee county,al.,it is located just west of rome,ga.,and just south of little river canyon national park. centre,al., is the major city in cherokee so perhaps that is why most have never heard of cherokee county! w.t.sherman actually camped,along w/60,000 troops,in gaylesville(located in cherokee near me) just prior to his march thru georgia. it is written that his plans to do so were finalized in gaylesville.

abel streight surrendered to n.b.forrest 3 miles east of cedar bluff and that location is just up the road from me.

cherokee county is named for the cherokee indian;yeah that one is a no brainer!

anyone know of places to legally detect here or close by? i am planning on asking around regarding one area that should be civ rich but would absolutely dig hunting w/a forum member that could pass along some pointers. i am an upper lower to middle grade md'er as i type this.

JC2112

Oct 3, 2013
Cumming GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Whites Prizm V
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a place in Cedar Bluff and have been digging on a few hunts around the area.

IM me your email address and we'll connect for future activities as I've got lots of ideas on where to hit next.

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just in case some are not familiar w/cherokee county,al.,it is located just west of rome,ga.,and just south of little river canyon national park. centre,al., is the major city in cherokee so perhaps that is why most have never heard of cherokee county! w.t.sherman actually camped,along w/60,000 troops,in gaylesville(located in cherokee near me) just prior to his march thru georgia. it is written that his plans to do so were finalized in gaylesville.

abel streight surrendered to n.b.forrest 3 miles east of cedar bluff and that location is just up the road from me.

cherokee county is named for the cherokee indian;yeah that one is a no brainer!

anyone know of places to legally detect here or close by? i am planning on asking around regarding one area that should be civ rich but would absolutely dig hunting w/a forum member that could pass along some pointers. i am an upper lower to middle grade md'er as i type this.

Do you know where the camp is near gaylesville?

Here is something interesting also.

http://www.gilderlehrman.org/histor...ar/resources/general-sherman-“march-sea”-1865

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread