chevron

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
ok i have been asked in the past if i have found any chevrons? i always said no. i wasnt sure if i had seen one. but now i have to say i think i see one. i will get a picture of it soon. i recently got a new camera for fathers day. so ill try it out there. anyways this chevron is composed of light that penetrates through a hole in the ground producing a perfect chevron of light. on the back wall of a cave. its absolutely amazing that it is so precisely shaped its perfectly symmetrical it appears to be about one foot wide and four feet long. ill measure it to be sure. and photograph it. does any one ever hear of this or am i seeing things . it would be too amazing to think someone chipped stone to make this happen . would a thing like this produce this image everyday or would it do it just when the sun is aligned correctly. i guess if its there when i go back ill have my answer. if its not there then dang i have to remember what day and time i was there. i look forward to comments concerning chevrons who what when where and why? kiddrock33

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
Chevron (insignia), a V-shaped pattern in insignia, heraldry, flag design, road signs, architecture and construction
Chevron (land form), a wedge-shaped sediment deposit composed of material displaced from the ocean floor onto land by a tsunamiA chevron is a wedge-shaped sediment deposit observed on coastlines around the world. These formations sometimes include tiny fossils from the ocean.

Such formations are generally hypothesised to be created from erosion, glaciers, and other natural phenomena.

The Holocene Impact Research Group hypothesizes that the formations could be caused by tsunamis from meteorite impacts or submarine slides which lift sediment up and carry it hundreds of miles until depositing it on coastlines. This idea is controversial because chevrons are similar to wind-blown landforms found far from the ocean, and because it is unlikely that there have been enough large impacts and landslides to explain the observed chevrons.

Many chevrons can be found in Australia, but others are concentrated around the coastlines of the world. For instance there are chevrons in Hither Hills State Park on Long Island and in Madagascar.The chevron occurs in early art including designs on pottery and rock carvings. Examples can be found approximately 1800 BC in archaeological recovery of pottery designs from the palace of Knossos on Crete in the modern day country of Greece.[1]

[edit] Heraldry
A chevron is one of the ordinaries in heraldry, one of the simple geometrical figures which are the chief images in many arms. It can be subject to a number of modifications. When the ends are cut off in a way that looks like the splintered ends of a broken piece of wood, with an irregular zig-zag pattern, it is called éclaté.[2] When shown as a smaller size than standard, it is a diminutive called a chevronel.

[edit] Origin
The origin seems to be the shape of the rafter of a building.[citation needed] It has been used early in the history of heraldry, especially in Normandy. In Scandinavia the Chevron is known as "spar" and is used on arms since the times of crusades (Example: Arvid Gustavsson Sparre).

The chevron resembles V-shapes including a single bird, a flock of birds, and "graphically, a pubic triangle is most directly rendered as a V," and represented the goddess by 15,000 BCE[3].Lost tomb of Jesus

The Talpiot Tomb.The Talpiot Tomb, which in the Discovery Channel documentary "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" was claimed to be the lost tomb of Jesus, is adorned with a Chevron over the entrance.

Geology
The term chevron has been used to refer to a geologic feature found in coastal regions all over the world. According to an article in The New York Times, chevron is a "enormous wedge-shaped sediment deposit," possibly created by an enormous tsunami after an asteroid impact. However, this idea is very controversial; many scientists believe these features are generated by wind. Similar features, called parabolic dunes, are found on the interior of continents, where they could not be explained by tsunamis. Also, tsunamis usually leave thin sheet-like deposits of sand that do not have the distinct chevron shape.

well that google is simply awesome

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: chevron...

;D IF... it is in THAT "cave", yeah... DIG! If "chevron" is carved on tree or boulder; MY understanding... (STILL incomplete...), is that the upright "PEAK(S)" indicate mountain ridge(s), OR... the downward "thingies' are RAVINE(S)! HA! "Situation-Specific". :wink:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't see a chevron but it looks like a sexual organ to me.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Kidd
I know a little about treasure signs, I know I don't know it all, cause the more
I learn - the more I learn there is more to learn..but..

One thing I do know for sure, most signs have two or even three meanings.

It has been my understanding that chevron pointing down is symbol for "mineral"
and "measure from here" and the roman numeral 5 of course. ( which may stand
for the Kings Fifth.) So your site might be the Kings 20% left by the Jesuits/Spanish

just a little tidbit there..speculating on what it may mean,
rangler

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
What I really want to know (and I'm not trying to be rude or anything) is have you ever actually found anothing following all of these clues, or do you do it for the thrill of the hunt?

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
yes. it has lead me to artifacts . that is certain.i have not recovered any. yes it is a hobby. yes it is fun. i do try to show what i see. hopefully i can drain this thing. its been almost 9 years . most importantly i have learned by looking how these types of caches are laid down. its as easy as X,Y,Z. X lets you know your there. Y is where to look, and Z is how to get to it. these three letters are shown in three dimensional form. it will only make sense when you see them. now adding several other forms of symbolism through shadows and light. and others form rainbows. very interesting men.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
kiddrock33 said:
yes. it has lead me to artifacts . that is certain.i have not recovered any. yes it is a hobby. yes it is fun. i do try to show what i see. hopefully i can drain this thing. its been almost 9 years . most importantly i have learned by looking how these types of caches are laid down. its as easy as X,Y,Z. X lets you know your there. Y is where to look, and Z is how to get to it. these three letters are shown in three dimensional form. it will only make sense when you see them. now adding several other forms of symbolism through shadows and light. and others form rainbows. very interesting men.

Well, here's hoping you pull something out of those holes someday. Good luck!! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread