Chicago Park Hunt - 1/29/12 - Winter Silver!

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
We are suppose to have some milder weather at the beginning of this week so I thought there might be chance to do some night hunting after work this week. So I decided to go do some recon on the park I have been hunting to see how frozen it is now and if it has a chance to thaw out.

Thought what the heck, I'll bring the detector too in case any areas are diggable now. Went back to the place where I found all the goodies at the beginning of this month. Alot of that area was still frozen. After an hour I had 2 wheaties.

Had about another hour of battery life left on my detector. Decided to go to the other side of the street. Within 10 minutes I got a 1953 Washington and then over the next hour I dug all the goodies below which include a crusty 1904 Indian, 1938S Merc, 1930 Buffalo, 1945S War nickel, and two Washingtons - 1947 and 1953. The two nickels were in the same hole with 4 wheaties! You can see where there is still silver color on the Buffalo from where another coin was against it. Found a total of 7 wheaties also.

001.jpg

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COngrats on a fantastic winter hunt. Supposed to hit mid 40's tomorrow.

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
they are some great finds for this time of year this sure has been some crazy weather but we will take it while it lasts good hunt dennis

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats pat ,you sure are good at finding silver quarters!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread