Chicken sauce piquante

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Just thought I’d share a traditional south Louisiana dish the way may grandmaw used to cook it. It’s near sacrilege that I’m not cooking in cast iron and in a stockpot but I’m feeding a lot of folks and my pot isn’t big enough. Take chicken parts and brown over high heat. Make a blonde roux in the side or use jarred. When done, take chicken out. Sauté your trinity (onion, bell pepper, celery). Add garlic. Poor stick/water as it will release the gratons (pan drippings). Add tomatoes (crushed, sauce,whole). Bring to a boil and add roux to your desired thickness. Bring back to a boil and add jalapeño, cayenne, whatever other seasonings you like. Add chicken and reduce to slow simmer. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. C’est bon!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Just thought I’d share a traditional south Louisiana dish the way may grandmaw used to cook it. It’s near sacrilege that I’m not cooking in cast iron and in a stockpot but I’m feeding a lot of folks and my pot isn’t big enough. Take chicken parts and brown over high heat. Make a blonde roux in the side or use jarred. When done, take chicken out. Sauté your trinity (onion, bell pepper, celery). Add garlic. Poor stick/water as it will release the gratons (pan drippings). Add tomatoes (crushed, sauce,whole). Bring to a boil and add roux to your desired thickness. Bring back to a boil and add jalapeño, cayenne, whatever other seasonings you like. Add chicken and reduce to slow simmer. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. C’est bon!!!
I can almost hear the zydeco music! Pour that over some dirty rice and “haw yee!”

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread