steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I see there are some critical comments and also some compliments related to the Goldfinder 2.

I have questions to those who have one: I would like to buy one (as it is way less expensive than any comparable models in Canada) -Where did you get yours? What is the "best way" to get these from China?

(On a related note: I would be totally fine to buy a Teknetics T2 instead - but it costs nearly USD 600 (in CAN$) so that is a bit too much if I compare it to the price the T2 is sold for in the US)

Thank you for any recommendations

It would be a fitting end to this thread, that you would buy one and it is confiscated by customs.

Gadgetguy2005

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the very first question on this topic - why the "hate" related to China made electronics? Most of the high end and luxury electronics items sold today in North America is made in China (from Iphones to pretty much any PC or high end TV) - why couldn't there be a good, reliable China made detector?

There are several detectors which do not look like replicas (and are carried by Staples, Bestbuy, Walmar or others) - what about those? Are they good? (For example the SuperEye brand).

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the US, counterfeit products are contraband. That means it is against the law to simply be in possession of counterfeits.

If counterfeit products are legal in your country, then we know where our differences come from.

I agree with what you are saying however the GF2 does not appear to be a counterfeit - just like the Vikings are not counterfeits - If they were counterfeits I am sure they would not be able to be sold by a FT distributor in competition with FT products now would they?

It appears to me most countries clamp down on counterfeits however the fact that you can get a GF2 in the US - UK - Europe - Australia - NZ kinda tells me they are NOT regarded as counterfeits, even though they look very similar......

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heaps of great products made in China -
American Corporations in China

Back to the very first question on this topic - why the "hate" related to China made electronics? Most of the high end and luxury electronics items sold today in North America is made in China (from Iphones to pretty much any PC or high end TV) - why couldn't there be a good, reliable China made detector?

There are several detectors which do not look like replicas (and are carried by Staples, Bestbuy, Walmar or others) - what about those? Are they good? (For example the SuperEye brand).

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with what you are saying however the GF2 does not appear to be a counterfeit - just like the Vikings are not counterfeits - If they were counterfeits I am sure they would not be able to be sold by a FT distributor in competition with FT products now would they?

It appears to me most countries clamp down on counterfeits however the fact that you can get a GF2 in the US - UK - Europe - Australia - NZ kinda tells me they are NOT regarded as counterfeits, even though they look very similar......

In my humble opinion, your Goldfinder2 is a counterfeit.

Looks like this horse has already ran its course before:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/other-brands/458687-gold-finder-2-a.html

And no, I'm not going to contact First Texas and ask.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or you could do what common sense dictates & get both detectors and compare them against each other instead of pretending to know what you are talking about & there is a fair bit of that going on around here - ;)

I have no desire for a T2 OR a T2 counterfeit. I'm only commenting on a US illegal action that is NOT recognized in other countries. You can also buy female slaves over the Internet. Don't believe in that either, though it happens. Just expressing my own personal views, though your mileage may differ.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are not talking about sanctioned products, we are talking about copies that have not been authorized. Shill pressure has a tendency to push through ebay and other outlets. The sanctioned products are being put out by the known authorized companies and this in most cases indicates a degree of quality control. There is no underhanded business happening with these companies. They have US based addresses and headquarters. The ones that try to skirt these rules are the companies/sellers that this thread is directed at.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
China has never invented anything in the last 20 years. They have stolen the technology from someone else. That is what they do and how they roll. This thread is almost 3 years old and it is still a terrible thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions