New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say

Published April 01, 2013

Washington Free Beacon

China has placed military forces on heightened alert in the northeastern part of the country as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials said.

Reports from the region reveal the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) recently increased its military posture in response to the heightened tensions, specifically North Korea's declaration of a "state of war" and threats to conduct missile attacks against the United States and South Korea.

According to the officials, the PLA has stepped up military mobilization in the border region with North Korea since mid-March, including troop movements and warplane activity.

China's navy also conducted live-firing naval drills by warships in the Yellow Sea that were set to end Monday near the Korean peninsula, in apparent support of North Korea, which was angered by ongoing U.S.-South Korean military drills that are set to continue throughout April.

North Korea, meanwhile, is mobilizing missile forces, including road-mobile short- and medium-range missiles, according to officials familiar with satellite imagery of missile bases

Read more: China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say | Fox News

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be very interesting to see how this plays out. I would not want to be a citizen of Seoul.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suppose it's too much to hope that the mobilization of the Chinese troops is to keep the No. Koreans in No. Korea in the event hostilities erupt.
Don...

China has definitely backed away from NK over the last decade or so. I do NOT think they will flood over the Yalu again.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Yalu River !! I haven't heard that mentioned since back in the day (in the early 50s) when MacArthur was there and US troops were pushing into Manchuria-or did Truman stop them (and MacArthur) at the Yalu?
Don.....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The Yalu River !! I haven't heard that mentioned since back in the day (in the early 50s) when MacArthur was there and US troops were pushing into Manchuria-or did Truman stop them (and MacArthur) at the Yalu?
Don.....

Didn't want to get in "land-war" with China; today, China doesn't like NK, and WOULD take-over NK... saying to the UN and the world... "See, we're NOT so bad, after all!" HA! China & SK...? NOT a "good mix"...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, China will not go against us, we have nothing the Chineses could want!

Except, maybe our oil, and gas, and water, and farmland, and wide open expanses.

Other than that, though, I see no reason they would want to escalate hostilities, I mean we only owe them a few trillion in worthless paper right? yeah,, We're good.

I may go to bed now.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
history shows that china usually calms north korea down after they boast for a bit

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, China will not go against us, we have nothing the Chineses could want!

Except, maybe our oil, and gas, and water, and farmland, and wide open expanses.

Other than that, though, I see no reason they would want to escalate hostilities, I mean we only owe them a few trillion in worthless paper right? yeah,, We're good.

I may go to bed now.

. . . and don't forget the "gold" sold to the Chinese that turned out to be another metal coated with gold. That went over like a, well, like a "lead" balloon there.

In October 2009, China reportedly received a large shipment of gold, containing some 6,000 bars, weighing 400 ounces each. When it was received, the Chinese government asked that tests be performed to guarantee the purity and weight of the gold bars. In this test, four small holes were drilled into the bars, and the metal was analyzed. Officials were shocked to find the bars were bogus. They contained cores of tungsten, with only an outer coating of real gold. What’s more, these gold bars, containing serial numbers for tracking, originated in the United States and had reportedly been stored in Fort Knox for years.

Chinese Discovered Fake Gold Bars of Tungsten in 2009 | Banksters

Fort Knox Conundrum 208

Such a great idea, the Chinese copied it:

Counterfeit Aussie gold sold in China - The West Australian

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread