Chinese Art

AiLi

Sep 4, 2010
Does anyone know the provenance of this bas relief? I know the scene has been taken from an ancient Chinese stele. I would like to know when this item was made, where and any other info. Thanks

I don't know how to make this image smaller. The dimensions are: 8" wide x 17" long.

Attachments

• Chinese bas relief0361.jpg
    Chinese bas relief0361.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 501

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking picture AiLi :o I'm sorry but I'm not that familiar with Ancient Chinese folklore. You might want to include a photo of the reverse side and describe to the best of your ability what the medium is. My suggestion to you would be to contact Sotheby's in London and send them a photo of it. They'll be able to tell you in 2 seconds whether it's of any value or not. The largest market for these types of art works is in Asia.

I recommend you send this information to:

Florence Chan
Senior Manager
Chinese Ceramics & Works of Art
Email: [email protected]

May I wish you the best of luck in getting the information you're looking for. :hello:
Hope the resizing your picture is helpful.

Dave

Attachments

• Chinese bas relief0361.jpg
    Chinese bas relief0361.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 366
OP
OP
A

AiLi

Sep 4, 2010
Dave, Thank you so much for fixing my photo and thanks for your wonderful suggestion!!

AiLi

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AiLi said:
Dave, Thank you so much for fixing my photo and thanks for your wonderful suggestion!!

AiLi

Your very welcome AiLi, I hope you get good news from Sotheby's! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread