Chinese Junk

OldOwl

Greenie
May 29, 2008
No. I'm not talking about the boat.

Two seasons ago, I decided at the end of hunting season it was just too cold and wet for my regular leather boots to hunt the last week for deer. Spur of the moment, I ran to Walmart the night before, and bought the best pair of hunting boots they had. Camouflage, nice straps, hey... SEVENTY BUCKS! ... they must be pretty good! Next morning I'm up at 4:00 AM and in the woods at 6:00. Boots were nice and cozy warm and dry. Great investment I figured. Dry them off and stored them in a Tupperware crate for next season with my hunting clothes. This season, I took them out, and wore them maybe five times, and find what appears to be a inch long cut. Figured I stepped on a sharp rock or stick, so I had a radial tire patch put on. Wore them one more time, and the patch worked great. Put them away for next year. Well, that was three months ago, and we're having historical flooding here, so I take them out to wade through my cellar, and both boots are leaking! Same mysterious slices in them. After close inspection they appear to be splitting open in random places. I went to Walmart and they said they no longer sell them. I have no idea who makde them, since the box is gone. All it says on the boots is "Thinsulate Ultra 800g"

Does anyone else have a pair of these from Walmart? And do you know who makes them? "Thinsulate" is just the insulation inside made by 3M.

One thing I know for sure. I have other cheap boots I have worn clam digging, working on a lobster boat, and all over the place. I paid about $20, and they have lasted probably ten years with no leaks. MADE IN AMERICA.

I have had this happen with belts, and other items Made in China sold at Walmart. Just inferior products. I'll NEVER buy ANYTHING made in CHINA again! Walmart used to pride itself and advertise about helping out the American workers by selling their products. Now, it's all CHINESE JUNK! I'm done with Walmart and China.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a pair of Herman Survivors at Wal Mart. So far they seem to be holding out well. Granted I only put them through their paces one time at Dardenne Creek but I was walking through several inches of water.

Quality control for most manufacturers dealing with Wal Mart is seeing how well it fits in the box.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh I feel your pain my friend!

Attachments

• 032609_buy_american.jpg
    032609_buy_american.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 183

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I buy next to nothing at WM. And good luck finding other stores that sell American made products. It's pathetic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread