Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I discovered the pictured pendant while metal detecting the west coast of Florida. I actually rediscovered it recently when going through my junk jewelry pile found earlier this year (2017). Covered in crud, I figured it was just one more piece of junk jewelry of the many I find metal detecting. Anyway, when going through the junk pile I decided to take a closer look at the pendant, and I'm happy I did...after spending 1/2 hour cleaning it up.

20170730_135852.jpg
Picture showing the front of the pendant with an impressed tree of animals.

20170730_135111.jpg
Picture showing the back of the pendant.

The pendant is odd shaped, in that the dimensions are atypical (1 5/16" x 7/16" x .021") and weighs 2.95g. It is silver in color, but I'm unsure as to the actual composition of the metal. Impressed on the front of the pendant is a tree with each branch having an impression of an animal. I believe the animals represent animals within the Chinese Zodiac calendar (Ox, Dragon, Rooster, etc.). My wife says I'm hallucinating. Are those darn 1970s coming back to bite me?

Upvote 0

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since the Chinese zodiac consists of 12 animals, I doubt that's what this is. Definitely cool in either case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread