Chip off the old block!! My Sons first real finds.. 3 Silvers!!!! ;-)

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Chip off the old block!! My Son's first real finds.. 3 Silvers!!!! ;-)

I was hanging out a a 1874 School we use as a Community Center, I'm th President of the Non-Profit so I can dig the yard ;-) The is a new playground behind the school, but that is not really my thing. So in talking with an old student who attending the school in the 30s and 40s I found out the original playground was in a different location. I hunted it once of a bit killing time and dug a few things. So, while we are waiting I get out my DFX and my 10 year old wants to hunt so I fire up his Prizm IV. We start working in a grid, side by side when he gets an ok signal. Showing as 5".. so we dig it.. and it is a 1943 P War nickel!! Now he is pumped.. we keep going and he pops a '46 Quarter... then a '44 Merc....then a '18 Buff...all in a spot about 2" by 5" or so!!! Then.. a few feet away a 1899 Indian in pretty good shape!! He is about to come out of his own skin.. and now is hooked!! ;-) So.. I guess I found by new digging buddy!! I, on the other hand dug crap!!!! ;-) Well..one little round gold dome that looks like it might have been the top of a ring or a pin or some other piece of jewelry. I have not had time to get picture but I will... but not too bad.. three silvers in 1/2 hour total digging time for a 10 year old...

MonkeyBoy

Upvote 0

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: Chip off the old block!! My Son'r first real finds.. 3 Silvers!!!! ;-)

Tell him, "WAY TO GO, TREASURE HUNTER!!!!!!!!"

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

allen said:
i wish i could get my boys interested in detecting but they get bored after about two mins of detecting...

Mine did to!! Could not compete with Pokemon... both of mine always came running to see what I found when I came home, so I guess that is something and my oldest points out my "SNY" Civil War buckle all the time... sooo I think I got him hooked! The down side is all my good civil war spots are knee deep in hay!!! So, keep dragging him out...

MonkeyBoy

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, I got mine an Ace 250 for Christmas and he hung with it for a few minutes but Pokemon and Lego won the day. He still talks about going though, talks is the key work.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TimC (AL) said:
Yeah, I got mine an Ace 250 for Christmas and he hung with it for a few minutes but Pokemon and Lego won the day. He still talks about going though, talks is the key work.

Bought my wife an ACE 250 today and she is hooked after using my Explorer SE in her mom's front yard and finding a Franklin Half. My son wants nothing to do with it but he is at "That Age" with the girls and all.

What a hunt for your son though, a hunt like that would make my week! :thumbsup:

He is going to have to create a TNet account now :icon_pirat:

HH, Mark

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2

Get everyone in your family a detector, any type, new, used it doesn't matter. Best investment I ever made, my six year old goes with me every time out, and my wife goes once in a while. Its the best family activity I know. And it beats cutting the grass!!!! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread