Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been out three times lately and thought some might like to see what I found. No great stuff for the coin hunters but some history and mystery. The weather was perfect. The friends exceptional. (They might not want any body to know they were hanging around me) Thank you for looking.

Trail_finds0.jpg The bullets were unusual for me. Never had one with part of the jacket still on it. Trail_finds1.jpg found a rim fire shell and the one bullet very long with square point.

Is that the crank for a fishing reel? If so it is very small. Trail_finds3.jpg
Trail_finds2.jpg Could not find the rest of the strong box. Just found the key opening and the handle in first picture. ;D

Not much for some hunters but enjoyable for me.
Burdie

Upvote 0

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Burdie, that's ok...........we'll find the rest of that strong box for ya! LOL

I know why you didn't find any zipper pulls.................because Mastereagle and Baldingboy snatched all of them! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ::)
---Mel

borninok

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice bunch you found there Burdie. I almost never get up here in the Finds section anymore but your post caught my eye.

Is that a stirrup in the upper left? I find lots of these at one site I hunt.

Badger

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
That is a great bunch of finds!
Baggins

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Looks like your ready to take the training wheels off that Tejon! Did you have to jerk and pull it from stoney's hands? Those are some terrific finds,buddy,hope the weather holds for you,we're expecting snow later this week.Now,really break my heart and tell me that those great finds came from the same acreage as the CTH was held and I'll go buy a Tejon.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hey, WD, I know also why Burdie didn't find any garters................'cause you smoozed them off all of the women in Caldwell! LOL

You keep warm and dry. But, make sure you get outside and play around yourself. As my father-in-law used to say "Gotta go outside and blow the stink off!" LOL
---Mel

borninok

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
looks like you had a good time. maybe I should come back down there again, I'll try to find the zipper pulls LOL

Sniffer

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
borninok said:
Hey, WD, I know also why Burdie didn't find any garters................'cause you smoozed them off all of the women in Caldwell! LOL

You keep warm and dry. But, make sure you get outside and play around yourself. As my father-in-law used to say "Gotta go outside and blow the stink off!" LOL
---Mel

borninok

Burdie can't find them garters because they don't have a VDI number.It takes 'smell-a-vision',Burdie,and at my age,a Big lie!

Haven't been out since Oct.I've added two new detectors to the group(still have 6)a silver u-max and a F2.They haven't been out of the closet.Yes,I did take the batteries out of all of them.I can hear the White's,Minelab,CZ5 screaming to go out but they'll have to wait awhile.The Vaquero is pouting because I got the Silver and the CZ5 doesn't know what's in the F2 box yet.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Burdie, nice relic's! Looks like a fun hunt, take it easy. Tim

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Nice bunch you found there Burdie. I almost never get up here in the Finds section anymore but your post caught my eye.

Is that a stirrup in the upper left? I find lots of these at one site I hunt.

Badger

Badger that is the handle of the strong box I am still looking for the contents. ;D
Burdie

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
Looks like your ready to take the training wheels off that Tejon! Did you have to jerk and pull it from stoney's hands? Those are some terrific finds,buddy,hope the weather holds for you,we're expecting snow later this week.Now,really break my heart and tell me that those great finds came from the same acreage as the CTH was held and I'll go buy a Tejon.

Some are but the Tek 2 helped.

Quote [looks like you had a good time. maybe I should come back down there again, I'll try to find the zipper pulls LOL

Sniffer]

Sniffer you chased all the IH the last time you were down. ;D ;D Some of those finds were when you were down.
Thanks everyone.
Burdie

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hmmmm....Maybe you need some help finding that Strongbox....I am sure there is a certain redheaded gal that could help you look...... ::)

Hope you find a lot more !

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
neat stuff, thanks for sharing with the pics. I need to track down a wagon trail here in florida and swing it some

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Stan, I'll post our finds later. Dummy me, I forgot the camera and the only pic I have now is the grandson with my finger over part of the cell phone lens. :-[ I contacted the Kansas Dept. of Natural Resources about the band I found. Nothing back as of yet.

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsyheart said:
Hmmmm....Maybe you need some help finding that Strongbox....I am sure there is a certain redheaded gal that could help you look...... ::)

Hope you find a lot more !

Just don't wear a garter down here I hear WD is running around some place.
Burdie

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie, with all that lead you're finding, there's GOT to be some robbery loot around there too :D

Happy hunting,
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread