🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks Mike. I have been wanting to get one and this was some great info.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some interesting information that I wouldn't have previously known. Thank you for posting it!
Now I'll know what to keep an eye out for (no pun intended) when looking to find a good loupe.

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wink:

Cool, I'll save the link with the other things I need to pick up sometime.
Thanks Mike! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 4-H. :thumbsup:

I have a few but lately have acquired a Parlinda glass with 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, and 8X lenses. Only down side is the plastic lenses.

biguglydude

Feb 26, 2010
Detector(s) used
Explorer S
Here's my two cents on eye loupes. :tongue3: I've been working with Electronic Surface Mounted Parts for over 25 years now. During this period I have tried many styles eye loupe. The one I've come to use 90% of the time is a Bausch & Lomb 5x Watchmakers Loupe. http://www.penntoolco.com/catalog/products/products.cfm?categoryID=767 It has a 2" focal point and lets you hold the loupe with your eye freeing both hands for holding your catch. If I need anything stronger I turn to the 10x or microscope. Seems to be working just as good with coins and other stuff I find as well. :coffee2:

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
biguglydude said:
Here's my two cents on eye loupes. :tongue3: I've been working with Electronic Surface Mounted Parts for over 25 years now. During this period I have tried many styles eye loupe. The one I've come to use 90% of the time is a Bausch & Lomb 5x Watchmakers Loupe. http://www.penntoolco.com/catalog/products/products.cfm?categoryID=767 It has a 2" focal point and lets you hold the loupe with your eye freeing both hands for holding your catch. If I need anything stronger I turn to the 10x or microscope. Seems to be working just as good with coins and other stuff I find as well. :coffee2:
Very good advise!
I have found some of the loupe's are really small in diameter making it difficult to use.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These things are great. The one I use is an Anco, model 1020, 16x and I only paid $10.95 for it. Then again that was about 15-20 years ago.

I bought mine at a coin show. They usually have them a few times a year at different places. Check the classifieds in your local paper or penny shopper. There is a minimal entrance fee and sometimes even free. There are dealer tables all over the place and that's where I spotted the loop I wanted. I was surprised to see it at 16x as most were only at 10x.

loop.jpg

Letsgethammered

Feb 15, 2010
Mat in MA said:
These things are great. The one I use is an Anco, model 1020, 16x and I only paid $10.95 for it. Then again that was about 15-20 years ago.

I bought mine at a coin show. They usually have them a few times a year at different places. Check the classifieds in your local paper or penny shopper. There is a minimal entrance fee and sometimes even free. There are dealer tables all over the place and that's where I spotted the loop I wanted. I was surprised to see it at 16x as most were only at 10x.

I dont think the price has changed much as i bought mine recently at a local coin shop which with overheads and so forth is an expensive option but a quality assured one.Its larger than most loupes but otherwise identical to that one , WG Harris & Co 16x
All in it was $14.My first ever loupe i still have is a whitmans 10x and closer to that one of yours in size if not the same, ive had that 30 years,works like new , i dont imagine ill be buying many more,a quality one will last a lifetime,got the t shirt so to speak.

Jan 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
whites sectrum xlt
Having been a jeweler I use one that has 2 lenses that can be used individually or together.It is available from any snap-on tool man for around $20.00

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
I inherited the loupe that my grandfather brought here from Germany in 1924 . It's the old school type that you must hold with your eye . It's fun to watch people try to "pop it in" as I do . As he aged he turned to the style with a wire that went around the head . That style is easier for long periods of close work but I don't need that . As a matter of fact I still use his old "case scraper" when reloading . "Old school is still cool."

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
paratrooper said:
I inherited the loupe that my grandfather brought here from Germany in 1924 . It's the old school type that you must hold with your eye . It's fun to watch people try to "pop it in" as I do . As he aged he turned to the style with a wire that went around the head . That style is easier for long periods of close work but I don't need that . As a matter of fact I still use his old "case scraper" when reloading . "Old school is still cool."
Yes....I agree~

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a couple hours researching and came up with the Belomo. It is as good or better than the B&L, and much cheaper. I got mine from a reputable eBay seller for maybe $12 or so and I'm really happy.

My geologist buddies like them.

Attachments

• Belomo-1-big.jpg
    Belomo-1-big.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 642
OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bum Luck said:
I spent a couple hours researching and came up with the Belomo. It is as good or better than the B&L, and much cheaper. I got mine from a reputable eBay seller for maybe $12 or so and I'm really happy.

My geologist buddies like them.
4-H said:
Funny BRANDON ;D

Here's an Awesome one for a great price! I just bought one.
These usually sell for quite a bit more!

It is a triplex....three lenses.
10x

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bausch-Lomb-Has...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c1025d043
Never mind this one..I just got it in the mail. It's way too small for what we do. The B&L that is.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting topic :icon_thumleft: I also see that there is quite a price range for these loupes ranging from $12-40. I;ll wait until I can great a great deal on a decent one, until then, I'll let my cat tell me what I found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread