Christmas help with a Deus Coil!!!

Boondocks

Greenie
Jun 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is ready to hop on a plane to France and slap somebody. Haha. She called someone in France about a 9” round HF Deus coil and they told her she would be “silly” to try and get the coil shipped to the US. Not the thing to tell a southern woman. Lol. She was unable to find one so far in the US because even the places who say they have one in stock (Treasure Mountain, Big Boys Hobbies, KellyCo) don’t actually have one in stock. Does anyone have a new one in hand or know of a distributor or shop that actually has one? We would really appreciate it. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or Serious Detecting on Ebay. I get all my Deus toys from them.

OP
OP
B

Boondocks

Greenie
Jun 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Serious and metaldetecting.com do not have one. Keith’s website says he has one. Calling him tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I noticed they are hotter than (anything I can think of right now.) I guess that's my fault! I love the HF coil, ESPECIALLY the elliptical one. It snakes into tight places better.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I was thinking of trading my 9" HF for a 9" X35 but if they are in that much demand maybe I should hold on to it. :laughing7:

OP
OP
B

Boondocks

Greenie
Jun 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think of the 9” round vs the 9” elliptical as far as depth... Honestly??? I would love to have the shape of the elliptical but I am using this for a Civil War area that is heavily wooded and has some bullets at really good depth like a foot. I have had a few that could not be heard with a smaller coil so I’m really worried about squeaking out every inch even though the elliptical would be nice in the woods.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my HF on CW sites. I don't think there's much difference, if any in depth. It depends on the soil conditions.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really like the elliptical, works great in the bush, corn, heavy iron sites. I have found the slower one goes it will show some amazing results from getting keepers out of the iron.
Though some still want to do the 10 acre an hour detector race, with the biggest coil attached, and that's fine.
But concentrating on one area sometimes shows it's hidden gifts well.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try Wayne at http://metaldetectingstuff.com I just bought a 9.5 x 5 Elliptical HF coil from him with no problems. He usually has everything I've ordered from them in stock, plus they're a T-net supporting vendor

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in my opinion if you already have a X35 9 inch coil. ? You really don't need another one!
l am a Relic Hunter myself ! So if you add up the pros and cons . The 9.5 elliptical Coil is the way go.Happy Hunting Old School Digger

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread