Christmas in May!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Floater was nice enough to invite me over to one of his demo sites to hunt with him. I'm not sure how long we were there, maybe about 1 1/2. As I started my machine was goin nuts cause all the trash that was buried. Lot of aluminum frames, cables pipes, etc. I pretty much figured witch was the real junk.

Since the lot was leveled, I didn't know where the house actually stood, so I started along the outside perimeter of the lot, and my first hit was a dime (clad) at about 4". I was swinging along the back and got a nice hit and dug up a nice pewter Christmas ornament. Was kinda bent from the bulldozers though. After that I got a tone for a penny and figured I'd dig it. Was about 6" deep. Thank God for the hand held pinpointer cause this was the same color as the dirt!

Started swinging somemore and got the same hit as the last pewter ornament. Dug about 4" and got another pewter ornament and this little Christmas dude ornament! Last dig I had was for a penny at about 8-10". swept the same hole before filling it and had another tone for a penny, so I got that one too! Just zincs.

I don't know anything about these pewter ornaments other than its stamped "Made in Norway" and has the name "Havstad Tinn" on it. I guess that's the guy who made them. Floater thinks they're collectable.

About a half hr before we left I looked over to see what the Float was doin and I see him on his knees diggin. I asked him what he thinks and he wasn't sure. I swung my detector over it and was gettin mixed signals, but looked worth digging. He was diggin and diggin, and I would swing my detector over the whole and the target would move. ??? I thought it was me, so I asked him to try with his and he said the same thing. :-

Anyway by this time he's startin to get pissed, >:(and there was no quittin on this hole! LOL ;D I wished I had my camera there to show you the size of the hole! I thought we were gonna dig to China! LOL He ran his coil on the sides of the hole and picked it up again and found it. Not sure exactly what it was, but looked like some kinda metal cap to a septic tank to open and have drained! I guess you had to be there.

All in all it was a pleasure to hunt with him and had a really good time.

HH 8) surfrat96

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 313
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 316
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Well I told Surf I wasnt comin on tonight because Im beat, I worked on the pool house all day bvefore he got here and was up and down the Scaffold about twenty times and up on the roof. I was out of it huntin too but Surf caught a good couple spots there. We are going to try a another spot tommorrow where the house is still there. That hole and metal cap did get us though. I dug down a foot and a half and the same around . LOL The damn thing was Just a pipe cap but it was 3 " in diamiter. It was funny how that target moved on us. Good Work Mike. Give me a call if your up to it after church or whenever.HH

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Nice digs, guys. I think those ornaments are from Hallmark, we've got some up in the attic that look similar. They come out with a new batch every year, so there's a good chance they are collectible. Here's a link to one of his:

http://www.giftsofnorway.com/litnorpewor.html

Hey, if you're interested I have a manhole cover buried about a foot down in the sand at my kids school playground to go with that metal cap!

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Hey thats cool man! Its even something you can use! Id love to hang those on my tree this christmas. NICE!

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
KevFl, thanks for the info on the pewter ornaments. Saved me some time having to look for info on the web!!
HH surfrat

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice ornaments, and they must be collectible. As for the septic tank cover, now that's a truly crappy find, lol! Good luck covering the rest of the site guys!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Cool surfrat! Maybe you ought to aquire another Christmas tree and set it up in Dec. using all this years finds as ornaments. Might be kind of different.

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Stoney, that would be kinda cool, getting a small tree and hanging all the little cars and stuff I've found on it! Don't think the wife would think it's cool though. That's were I think she'd draw the line. She'd probably say "You're not putting up a tree in this house with all your Trash finds hangin off it!!" LOL
HH 8) surfrat

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
surfrat96 said:
Stoney, that would be kinda cool, getting a small tree and hanging all the little cars and stuff I've found on it! Don't think the wife would think it's cool though. That's were I think she'd draw the line. She'd probably say "You're not putting up a tree in this house with all your Trash finds hangin off it!!" LOL
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH? 8) surfrat
LOL. But you gave me the idea, will take a while to get it all together. Will post a pic as it gets closer to the holiday. Thanks and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread