Christmas Parade

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Yesterday kicked off the Al Menah Shrine Christmas Parade season. We have about 15 to do and I sure won't overwhelm you with parade pics every other day. Since this was in my home town of Springfield, Tennessee, I thought I'd share a few with you.

The first two are at the motel where we had a "Hospitality Room" where we gathered before and after the parade to "feed our faces". We don't have a function without food! ;D

Getting ready 01.JPG

Getting ready 02.JPG

The next two are at the beginning of the parade where we line up. Unfortunately the parade officials failed to show up and it was a real mess.

Parade lineup 01.JPG

Parade lineup 02.JPG

The last two are shots I took thru the van window during the parade. The spire on the left is the County Courthouse. If we had traveled two blocks straight we would have passed by my house but we turned at the Courthouse.

Parade on Main Street 01.JPG

Parade on Main Street 02.JPG

Just sharing a beautiful day in smalltown USA.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
It's been at least 3 years since we even had flurries during a parade. >:(

Gypsy Mystery, you are supposed to know that in Tennessee, if it is supposed to snow you have to go to Krogers and buy all the milk, bread, and toilet paper you can carry (But nobody has told me what to do with 10 gallons of milk, 20 loaves of bread, and 3 cases of toilet paper after I get it home). And if there is snow on the roads....parades are cancelled...along with everything else imagineable :o

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol take the milk and bread and tp to the hospitality room?? Great pics Wes! Thanks for sharing!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic's Wes, you guys keep up the good work.

Fossis..................

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Copperhead said:
Looks like a fun time...but I swear I remember reading something about you spending a week
doing nothing, resting up the old knee... ;D

Yea Copper. In this case I had the float delivered to Springfield...I drove in the parade,,,and then someone took it back. I did very little. Not much different than going to the store.

Thanks Fossis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions