Chug had a ring, ring, riiiiiing day/button

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, Red here, hope you all had a safe and great weekend! Chug and I had a couple of interesting hunts. We hit some of our favorite parks in the past couple of days. We hit the apple tree park yesterday, it was chilly, and we were welcomed by 2 dogs barking at us from the house across the street. Both were cute, racing back and forth on what had to be the couch, under the window. When they saw we were not going to visit, one laid his head on the windowsill and made sad puppy eyes at us.
laughing7.gif

We headed down the hill, and soon found the graveyard......for cans!
BangHead.gif
I had one great signal, nice and strong, and decided to dig, I kept going down further and further, had to be at least a good foot or more, I was doing good until I found black plastic, I pulled some up, dug a little more, poked around again and decided "Hell no!" There was NO way I was going to finish digging up Fluffy, or Fido, or whoever the hell was in there! I covered everything back up, and told Chug to stay away from that area!
We headed for the trees, and started finding odds and ends, DSCF1374.JPG DSCF1379.JPG DSCF1378.JPG I found this by an old tree, near a large root. Then I found another toy, DSCF1380.JPG DSCF1382.JPG DSCF1384.JPG we think this was a boat, there is a small anchor on the front. My other toy find was this, DSCF1416.JPG DSCF1421.JPG I just wish I could have found more, hopefully next time I will find a whole toy!
laughing7.gif
We also found some strange metal......things. DSCF1386.JPG DSCF1389.JPG it's not canslaw, too heavy. We were going to have duck for dinner, but there just wasn't enough. DSCF1391.JPG
laughing7.gif
Chug found his share of trash, and clad. We ended the day when it was too cold to dig anymore. Today Chug totally rocked it!
hello2.gif
He found this little beauty not too far down, DSCF1417.JPG DSCF1409.JPG and yep, he scored two more rings!
headbang.gif
The one on the right came up as a nickel!
laughing7.gif
DSCF1428.JPG yep, Chug found this too! DSCF1412.JPG I dug this piece of copper from a schoolyard we went to today, it's pretty big, and there was no way I was leaving it behind, not after all that work!
laughing7.gif
Chug also found a beautiful button, we are having so much fun looking for history on it! DSCF1406.JPG DSCF1404.JPG And, one other thing happened today. When we got to the schoolyard, it was quiet except for a teen boy sitting on a picnic table and talking on his phone. He sat there for awhile, then left. Not long afterwards, we heard a phone ringing. Nope, not us, we hear it again, and nothing. I keep swinging and next thing I know, Chug is playing with a phone. Now first thing I thought was "Oh crap, he has to go to work," since he is on call. Boy was I wrong! The kid had left his phone. There is Chug, trying to find a list or something to see if we can return the phone, and another teen walked up talking on his phone! He needed weed really bad, and wished he was stoned.
dontknow.gif
By now Chug had finally gotten hold of someone on the phone he found, the boys dad! Chug told him who we were, how we had the phone, and the dad showed up not even 10 minutes later, very grateful! Seems the wife and him had bought both their sons phones for Christmas! 1230121245.jpg 1230121305.jpg The man was so nice, he wanted to offer us a reward, but we said no, thank you was enough! We were able to also give the guy some info about his son that he didn't know, hopefully we didn't get the kid into too much trouble, we saw him get into a car that the dad didn't know when we told him what it looked like. He also thanked us for keeping an eye on kids, he said we need more people like that around. That was the highlight of our day, that and Chug's cool new button!
I hope you all have a safe, happy and great week, thanks for reading, and HH! Red
hello.gif
Now I'm off to elevate my foot, I might have sprained my toe last night, from kicking Chug in his booty, no it's not what you think, I have RLS very severely, and have kicked tables over on their side because of how bad my arms and legs get. DSCF1419.JPG
BangHead.gif

Upvote 0

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds & Good job on the phone return and kid reporting.

The toys look like they have been through the war! Is that boat a landing craft?

The toe - ouch!

As for the black plastic bag - a your sure it was animal right?

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No she wasn't sure But she didnt want to see Either I didnt either Chug!!!

webatch

Nov 4, 2012
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X-80
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL... OK that would drive me crazy! I would be wondering if it wasn't buried treasure of some kind. Somebody's stolen loot buried for safe keeping until the heat was off...

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool hunt, vote honorable mention fer phone returned to owner

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the 'boat' is a vietnam era military landing craft

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a wonderful post, Cool job on the phone return and the finds. Let us know what you find out on the Button

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread