New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
CIA steps up delivery of arms to Syrian rebels

Kimberly Dozier

Thursday 12 September 2013

The CIA has been delivering light machine guns and other small arms to Syrian rebels for several weeks, a development that marks a major escalation of the US role in the civil war.

The agency has also arranged for the Syrian opposition to receive anti-tank weaponry such as rocket-propelled grenades through a third party, presumably one of the Gulf countries that has been arming the rebels, a senior US intelligence official and two former intelligence officials said today.

A rebel commander General Salim Idris told NPR, an American radio syndicator, today that rebels had received no such US aid.

Officials said the aid has been arriving for more than a month, much of it delivered through a third party, which could explain why General Idris does not believe the US delivered the aid.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe allah and IBE Barack OBozo will it to be done. Maybe Biden sent them by mistake to the wrong gun club. Maybe Michelle thought she was ordering more garden tools. Maybe DHS sent them to divert right wing extremists from continuing to harangue them. Maybe nobody really cares. Maybe...

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin, You posted "who cares", well shucks, I do, since it is m tax money at play, soo if I am paying, please send me a few, BMG .30's , and a truck load of ammo so thar I can play.

Don Jose de La Mancha.

p.s. Lewis .30 is even more fun.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were a "senior official" I'd tell all the wanna-be internet news sites all sorts of stories. They'd pay me. Their readers get yet another fantastical story. And I'd remain anonymous.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Officials said the aid has been arriving for more than a month, much of it delivered through a third party, which could explain why General Idris does not believe the US delivered the aid.

Another possibility is that he's not being entirely truthful ..............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread