dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:
Cortes traveled through the Mayan temples and on to Veracruz, (which were later used by the Spanish to load millions of dollars worth of gold and minerals onto their ships) Coronado traveled through the new world to Cibola in 1540-42, which is located at the same spot that Santa Fe is now. HMMMMMMMMMMM!???? The conversations of the Great Giant Serpent, could they be one in the same treasure ????

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dtpost said:
:icon_scratch:
Cortes traveled through the Mayan temples and on to Veracruz, (which were later used by the Spanish to load millions of dollars worth of gold and minerals onto their ships) Coronado traveled through the new world to Cibola in 1540-42, which is located at the same spot that Santa Fe is now. HMMMMMMMMMMM!???? The conversations of the Great Giant Serpent, could they be one in the same treasure ????
With this being said, i have followed Kanabite's post about the "Giant Serpent" and on his #69 post of the first page is a ideogram. In the bottom right hand corner you'll see a heart shaped symbol with what looks like water flowing out of it, could this be telling us that this is the start of the Rio Grande River!?????

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, I responde to this exactly in another post. Yes the Rio Grande is the route. In N.M. it would be very easy to perish without water, the path of least resistance as it were.
It is wild that you started this, having grown up in that area I have a fondness for it.

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44 said:
Funny, I responde to this exactly in another post. Yes the Rio Grande is the route. In N.M. it would be very easy to perish without water, the path of least resistance as it were.
It is wild that you started this, having grown up in that area I have a fondness for it.
Would love to go out there and do some searching but only if it was a, sponsored expedition, and after about a year of research first and pictures. I do know that the Santa Fe Mission church sits with its back facing north north east. I read a caption in a book that stated the spanish refer to a time during the day when the cross on the church crosses a certain part of town and shows the path to a treasure. (keeping location to myself) lol

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the church with the magnificent staircase? The state has been overrun with further westerners who do not understand the culture but would like to change it,, Don would be a fantastic addition to your treasure hunt, You need a fellow with flare and a command of the language. You guys can always give me a finders fee for the hookup lolol.

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44 said:
Is that the church with the magnificent staircase? The state has been overrun with further westerners who do not understand the culture but would like to change it,, Don would be a fantastic addition to your treasure hunt, You need a fellow with flare and a command of the language. You guys can always give me a finders fee for the hookup lolol.
sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooops,, I know the area,, and I know some locals still. And man I would love to visit some of those places with my metal detector. The fella I bought my Etrac from was one of the first to detect Glorietta Pass,, Heck I didn't even think about detectors back then.

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44 said:
Ooops,, I know the area,, and I know some locals still. And man I would love to visit some of those places with my metal detector. The fella I bought my Etrac from was one of the first to detect Glorietta Pass,, Heck I didn't even think about detectors back then.
I think you would need ground penetrating radar for that search but as I have learned there is a local that owns one and is for hire, let me know if you plan a trip out there

lostcauses said:
"The Caballo treasure has been going on for 15 years"

A lot longer than that....
That is alot farther south then Santa Fe,it is just south of Truth or Consequences in the Caballo mountians just east of I 25.The story is that there are 17, 50 pound bricks. It was 18 but an old guy found the cave and removed one but was killed because he wouldn't reveal the location.

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
I think the story of cibola was a fairy tale to throw other westerners off course. I read in a national geographic that Jamestown, the first english settlement was a group of english looking to raid a rich empire like the aztec. I find it hard to believe that the spanish tortured the aztec and found out nothing as to where or how they got gold and other treasure. I am positive they learned something and went directly to that spot. Esteban had knowledge of such mystical places and was able to locate the place described by suffering tortured aztecs. He found this place that is very sacred to the mexica and the priests mined it with the very people that mined it for the aztecs. I think there is a lot more going on with this story than most realize. yes the holy faith is the city of gold. The kingdom of heaven where the streets are paved in gold. Only the heart of gold can enter. lol. You gotta love it. There is some strange aztec/spanish treasure that is not doc noss or ldm that is in the southwest...waiting. I would post more pics but there is no point if people have no response. I do not believe estaban died in zuni. I do not believe that is where. I believe he was sacrificed to free the sun in an aztec mesoamerican ceremony. happy hunting my friends.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I've lately been thinking it was more about Quivira who's heritage as a name goes back much further than Cibola.

Originally it was not thought to be on the plains at all but in fact quite a distance away according to an old old map going back to the 1300's.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Jerome,

I would like to here more about what you have to say and view some of the pictures.

Minetres

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerome, Minetres, Moon, Magoo: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: Join me while we discuss this.

I uncovered evidence that 'cannot be proven', however in the early days, the King Of Spain had no idea of what he had. He needed it explored by competent explorers.

To do this by himself would cost too much, so his ministers came up with the idea of embellishing a story about the 7 Ciudades de Cibola.

There is a series of 7 villages etc in a large remote, off travel Barranca in the eastern borders of the present Snail, extremely rough terrain, still basically uniknown today. They apparently worshiped the Buffalo, since many, figures and drawings of them are to be found there, yet no Buffalo are known to have been in that that area.

The only way they could have known of the Buffalo was from second hand information - part of the migration path of the Aztecs?

They also found large deposits of iron pyrites stored there. Evidence suggests that they mixed them with the external coating of their homes with it, possibly for beauty, as well as possible reflective insulation. The effect would be that from a distance, they would appear to have homes made of gold.

Estaban on his journey south could quite possibly have passed near by them and saw the houses 'built of gold' and later reported this the Ones that rescued him.

This was ideal for the king, he let the story be leaked, then graciously allowed various explorations be made up with a charter to give the King part of what they found, and to have Royal Representatives with them to record the country encountered in their travels.

They had no problems equipping these expensive expeditions see -- from --> Full text of "A journal of American ethnology and archæology;"

at --> http://www.archive.org/stream/ajournalamerica00expegoog/ajournalamerica00expegoog_djvu.txt

Quote -- "that Mexico was then so poorly supplied with colonists, that any at- tempt to draw them towards another section of America was regarded as dangerous to the existence of the colony ; hence, that that colony afforded but a trembling staff to European domination. On the other hand, it proves that even among the scanty population of Europeans there was a crowd ready to engage in anything, provided it was new and striking. In other words, circumstances then were just as they have been in the Southwest but lately. As soon as anything new \& discovered, everybody rushes for it. With such a class of men, re- ports like those of Fray Marcos fell on fertile soil. The viceroy encouraged Coronado's expedition by all possible means. His main object was to eliminate from Mexico elements unfavorable to a steady progress of the country. He was afraid that if a leaven of a certain kind was left it would produce a fermentation detrimental to the interests of Spain and of civilization in general; for it should not be forgotten that Spain cherished then the same exalted ideas about its duties as the banner-bearer of progress as every other nation, including the American, has since.
overreaching, and the startling information secured by Fray Marcos and its effects upon the mind of the public did not escape his notice. He secretly caused an agitation in favor of the ^^ newly discovered country," in order to get rid of people who were a nuisance in New Spain, and with the faintest of all hopes that they might, perhaps, prosper in the far distant North."

So where were the elusive 7 Ciudades de Cibola? North, which was explored, or to the hidden barranca de Conijaqui in Sinaloa, which was quite possibly on Estavan's journey, and not explored.

Don Jose de La Mancha .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

"So where were the elusive 7 Ciudades de Cibola? North, which was explored, or to the hidden barranca de Conijaqui in Snail, which was quite possibly on Estavan's journey, and not explored."

Possibly in a great inland sea that would be included in what is, today, The White Sands Proving Grounds in New Mexico.

My guess is that the Aztecs left from there and followed the Gila River to the Colorado. From there, they went south. They left in groups over the years, and those earlier Aztecs established restocking villages all along the Gila for those who followed.

Just another theory,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening Joe You posted --> Possibly in a great inland sea that would be included in what is, today, The White Sands Proving Grounds in New Mexico.

When is the suggested time frame of this sea?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You also posted -->My guess is that the Aztecs left from there and followed the Gila River to the Colorado. From there, they went south. They left in groups over the years, and those earlier Aztecs established restocking villages all along the Gila for those who followed.

Absolutely no argument there Joe.

Where was Aztlan?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread