CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if the surf it up I would place a baggie over the control box as any salt spray is not friends with the guts. Leave the baggie open at the bottom so condensation does not build up and make it unstable. It should be fine in all the dry sand. The hard packed wet sand you might have to lower sens. to let it run without talking to much. For true closer to the water work you are going to need a muiti frequency detector like the Sov GT, Excal, CZ-21, or Beach Hunter id from White's. Then there are the PI's like the Sand Shark.

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
I probably won't get close to the spray . I have seen where they sell rain covers , so I might get one . It amazes me I can run the senstuvity pretty much full blast around here without any problem . So turning it down should not be a problem . Can't afford a seperate machine for the beach unless I find a bunch of stuff .

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll LOVE it at the beach! Have fun.

Attachments

• IMG-20121028-00160.jpg
    IMG-20121028-00160.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 102

coon8448

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Vaquero and I have used it at the beach along the gulf many times. The best advise I can give you is to detect where the towel line is, where everyone puts their towels to sit on. You probably will not be able to get near the water. If I get close to wet sand my V gets real unstable even if the sensitivity is turned down.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Vaquero and I have used it at the beach along the gulf many times. The best advise I can give you is to detect where the towel line is, where everyone puts their towels to sit on. You probably will not be able to get near the water. If I get close to wet sand my V gets real unstable even if the sensitivity is turned down.

I was wondering if you ground balanced your V in the wet sand to see if it would help stabilize it?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
I cannot see how it would not stabilize . The cibola I can run pretty much wide open without much trouble here in NC . So if you can turn it down to 7_8 .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't matter what you can run it at elsewhere.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coon8448

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for taking so long to replay back I was on vacation. I did experiment with trying to get my V to GB on wet sand, but it never would. I could set the sens real low and GB it, but just as soon as I moved a foot away from where I GB it, it would start chirping like it did before I GB it. So to sum it up a V is useless in wet sand on the beach around Gulf Shores, AL and Pensacola, FL, but in dry sand you can hit a penny at 9in. And pull tabs are easy to figure out because when you use the pinpoint button you will hear a zip zip noise, because the detector is hitting on each hole of the pull tab. I guess two ear rings or two rings next to each other could also give that zip zip sound, so I dig every hit at the beach just to be safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread