cincinnati ohio

warwagon72

Aug 17, 2006
Hamilton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Sunray DX-1, 9.5, 6X10, 4X6 coils. Bulls eye backup
Joe, Welcome. I new at this also. Started last September. Found some clad and couple of cheap rings. Good hunting.

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
joe,
You should have came around before you got into the hobbie, I could have warned you that you will get hooked and there is no going back! best advice - be patient and research, both will pay off.
My brother lives down by Clarksville (close to Wilmington) and I go down there all the time, we both are into metal detecting and go almost every weekend I go down and visit, maybe we can get together sometime.

Good luck!

Mike

OP
OP
shipley

shipley

Greenie
Apr 10, 2007
bethel (near cincinnati)
Detector(s) used
whites
thanks mike i got my detector about 2 weeks ago and i try to go out every day if i can. i go to wilmington sometimes on business.and i think i am hooked and it has only been 2 weeks! ;D

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
Shipley -
I sent you an email awhile back, lets go hunting sometime, i go down to my brothers almost every sat. he lives outside of wilmington, close to clarksville

Mike

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Hi Shipley,

Welcome to the wonderful world of metal detecting!

I'm located about 5 miles due south of downtown Cincinnati in Cold Spring, KY.

I have been treasure hunting for over 35 years across 42 states and 6 countries.
Found over 12,000 Civil War artifacts and 65,000 coins. Written a lot of articles and columns for the treasure magazines over the years as well. Also was marketing director for Garrett Metal Detectors for 3 & 1/2 years.

If I can be of any assistance in helping you get off to a successful start in your hunting efforts let me know.

Best wishes,

DC

OP
OP
shipley

shipley

Greenie
Apr 10, 2007
bethel (near cincinnati)
Detector(s) used
whites
cool love to go out i am doing a lot of Gold Prospecting now and i got the bug and that is all i want to do anymore. i get up thinking of gold and i go to bed thinking how i can dig it up...lol... joe

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Where are you gold prospecting? I have property in NC and within 20 miles there are 4 place to seach for gold. Going there next week and hope to use my DFX.

Bill

T

tamm_me

Hi Joe and Bill,

I too am from the Cincinnati area. Like you Bill, I am from Lebanon. Red Lion to be exact. I have just gotten the MD bug. My sister and I are hoping to buy our first ones this weekend, we have only played with other peoples up until now. We were wondering if it would do any good to even think about buying the ones from WalMart, Bounty Hunter brand. We also looked at some at the flea market last weekend for a little over $200. We both live in houses over 100 years old, that were in the same families for over 50 years. I talked to my neighbor who's family owned mine since 1955 and he says it has never been detected that he knows.

We have the dream of checking out the sand at the Beach Waterpark. Some of the employees say they have never seen anyone there. We may or may not get permission, but figure it can't hurt to ask. And we probably won't find anything old, but we should be able to find some coins and jewelry.

Maybe we can meet up sometime,
Tammy and Mary Ann

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Joe,

The gold mines are off St RT 221 south of Interstate 40 east of Asheville. If I get a chance to work them next week, I let you know how it goes. Do you prospect in Clermont Co?

Tammy & Mary Ann,

Red Lion - I probably go past your place every time I golf at Heatherwood. I also did some MDing in Springboro last week. I also found a 1939 wheatie on the home site that was recently torn down by the Warren Co airport. I know the guy who owns the airport and got permission to hunt.

I purchased a White's DFX at HobbyTown USA in Landen. You may not want to go that high in price, but White has some good but less expensive equipment as well. I really like my machine, but it's hard to find good places to hunt. I worked Ceasars Creek today...nothing on the beach but found $.46 near the concession stand before the geese and goose crap became too much.

I'd love to join you for a hunt at your homes...sounds like they may be "ripe for the pickins". You can keep whatever we find, I just like to find stuff. Feel free to email me [email protected] I live off Liberty Keuter Road just before you get to I-71 on St Rt 123.

Bill

OP
OP
shipley

shipley

Greenie
Apr 10, 2007
bethel (near cincinnati)
Detector(s) used
whites
prospect Clermont Co yes i do and it is fun we have about 4 guy that go all the time go to OhioOutdoorsman.com and go to the forum there i am there more then here or the gpaa forum ;D joe

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tamm_me said:
Hi Joe and Bill,

I too am from the Cincinnati area. Like you Bill, I am from Lebanon. Red Lion to be exact. I have just gotten the MD bug. My sister and I are hoping to buy our first ones this weekend, we have only played with other peoples up until now. We were wondering if it would do any good to even think about buying the ones from WalMart, Bounty Hunter brand. We also looked at some at the flea market last weekend for a little over $200. We both live in houses over 100 years old, that were in the same families for over 50 years. I talked to my neighbor who's family owned mine since 1955 and he says it has never been detected that he knows.

We have the dream of checking out the sand at the Beach Waterpark. Some of the employees say they have never seen anyone there. We may or may not get permission, but figure it can't hurt to ask. And we probably won't find anything old, but we should be able to find some coins and jewelry.

Maybe we can meet up sometime,
Tammy and Mary Ann
Well iusually dont like to knock a detector,but i never had much luck with bounty hunters.If you can spend the cash go for the garrett ACE 250.It seems to be a popular starter machine now.
TonyinCon is on here and he can help you.I have only spoken to him on the phone but he seems to be a very nice guy and i got my stuff in like 2 or 3 days from him.....
Good luck and Happy hunting!!!!
WELCOME TO TNET!!

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Hey,

You are in a HOT area for coins and relics. You can also pan gold out of about every creek down there. I just moved up to Columbus from Georgetown. (just east of you) You have tons of old farms and farm houses. Plenty of old swimming hole areas and schools from the turn of the century. I picked up the hobby up here and I wish I still lived down that way because I new all the places to go.

If I find my slf with a spare weekend I will give you a yell and take you to some old farms I know about.

Ian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions