Circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back....

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
Some of you "boomers" will recognise that from Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" :

We walked in, sat down, Obie came in with the twenty seven eight-by-ten
colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
of each one, sat down. Man came in said, "All rise." We all stood up,....

Ahem, anyways, what I'm wanting to know...I've seen some people posting pictures with circles and arrows and text...and I'm wondering how do they do that? If it's photoshop, forget it...I'm not laying out the cash for that! But, if there is a free or low cost editer for photo's that will allow me to do that... Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks, HH, Jim

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just replying so that I can see the responses. Right now, I have no clue what that post was supposed to mean.

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
radiemaker said:
Some of you "boomers" will recognise that from Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" :

We walked in, sat down, Obie came in with the twenty seven eight-by-ten
colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
of each one, sat down. Man came in said, "All rise." We all stood up,....

Ahem, anyways, what I'm wanting to know...I've seen some people posting pictures with circles and arrows and text...and I'm wondering how do they do that? If it's photoshop, forget it...I'm not laying out the cash for that! But, if there is a free or low cost editer for photo's that will allow me to do that... Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks, HH, Jim
If I am reading this right.... You are asking what program to use to add details to a picture. It can be done in Paint and that program comes with XP. Not sure about Vista. Be warned this is a very primitive way to do it but it is also the handiest. Other program may have drawing tools included like Google earth. (At least I thinks it does.)

Now I lost about the part about:
radiemaker said:
Some of you "boomers" will recognise that from Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant"

OP
OP
Jim 2.0

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
OK (lol) you guys are obviosly younger than me (50 plus!) Alice's Restuarant is a long rambling song from the aaa...errr 60's. The "boomers "
part refers to "baby boomers" those of us born in the 50's after all the soldiers came home from WWII. It was a baby boom...

anyways, thanks for the reply's I didn't know you could do that in "paint" I'll check it out!

Meanwhile, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice's_Restaurant

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I use Microsoft Paint to make arrows, lines, boxes and circles to paste onto pictures and whatever... It's already on your computer and it's free.

If you play around with it you'll be able to do some cool stuff for zero cost - except some time.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a program called Snagit 8. It's not free, about $50. I can capture virtually anything from my screen, even 'protected content' and videos. The program has some really easy ways to add what you see here.

I use it regularly. It captures my receipts from internet purchases and automatically files them. It's turned out to be quite handy for lots of things. The below picture took about 1.5 minutes to do...

Attachments

• Snagit 8 image.jpg
    Snagit 8 image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 204
OP
OP
Jim 2.0

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
Yep:

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
Excepting Alice ;D

OP
OP
Jim 2.0

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
Oh yeah, and thanks to that guy in back! looks like a pretty cool program :thumbsup: where did you get it?

Jim

cammobunker

May 27, 2008
NW Ar-kan-saw
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Mojave, Cibola. Deteknix Pinpointer. Mark I Mod 0 eyeball, too.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picasa......free download from Google.
Sort of a simplified (okay, much simplified) Photoshop.

Did I (eh-hem) mention it was free? It is. Free, I mean. No charge!

http://picasa.google.com/ <--------Link to that Software. The free stuff, I mean. :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions