City park

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I finally called city hall and inquired if metal detecting was allowed. I was told, “absolutely!” I found the booty shown below: 3 brass blank casings,
a 1985 plain cent, a 2003 P nickel and a 1974 plain nickel with nice, orange patina. It was great going somewhere other than my farmstead. The brass, I’m guessing, is 30-06 honor guard rounds. The head stamps say: O L C 4
I couldn’t find them in my on-line searching. There are quite a few acres, so I’ll be going back. I did my best to leave no sign of digging. Thanks for looking.
IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg

Upvote 14
I finally called city hall and inquired if metal detecting was allowed. I was told, “absolutely!” I found the booty shown below: 3 brass blank casings,
a 1985 plain cent, a 2003 P nickel and a 1974 plain nickel with nice, orange patina. It was great going somewhere other than my farmstead. The brass, I’m guessing, is 30-06 honor guard rounds. The head stamps say: O L C 4
I couldn’t find them in my on-line searching. There are quite a few acres, so I’ll be going back. I did my best to leave no sign of digging. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 2107421View attachment 2107422
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2107421View attachment 2107422
Nice permission site.

Well done in finally getting off the homestead and finding a little to boot.

You did good . How about 30 cals ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back