Civil War bullets???, Prob Not

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,
This maybe a stupid question but, do they still make the bullets with the rings around them.
A guy I know was cleaning out his garage and had a whole coffee can of big bullets.
He ask me if I wanted them, so I took them figuring I could drill holes thew them and use them for sinkers...After looking at them, and seeing the rings ::) I figured I would ask before I drill...
Bullets.JPG
Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Upvote 0

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
To answer your question yes and no. Those look like the older (old west style bullets) bullets. For 44-40 45-70 and what not. They are still made for cowboy action shooting and many reloaders produce them for older guns. So they could be new or old.

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks for the info... :)
After looking at them a little closer, I would say they are probably not too old, The lead is still shinny on a lot of them, and their not as big as the civil war bullets...Probably 44 cal. I just saw the rings, and... ::)

Thanks again...
Happy Holidays!

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
hold on leon
before you go drilling holes in them there bullets i really cant tell from the pic the age of your munitions you have there maybe a better pic will give me a better idea some folks like to clean the bullets down to the shiny lead again

mav

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey mavrick03,,, Sorry but my camera is junk? :'(
The one left of the quarter is one that I have cleaned, Most of them are the long ones, and I have a few of the shorts...
The short one has just been handled, causing the rust to come off of it
Bullets2.JPG

After looking at them closer I don't believe they are very old,,, they all have rust on them from sitting in the can, but they will shine up nicely,,, I took some Crome Polish to one last night, playing around with it... They really look cool if you put two of them together, end to end... I've kept one of them to? put in a shadow box,,, not sure what to do with the rest of them...
I got about 10 pounds of them in a coffee can...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions