nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got a chance to search a Camp that I actually tried to find before but was missing a few important parts of my research. I ended up hunting a farm with nothing to be found and this had me puzzled for sometime until found some more info :icon_study:, that led me in a different direction,It something what a few changes can make in 146 yrs.
Anyway after getting permission to hunt the farm,I actually just started walking the area and looking for the clues that should be present an what i was looking for became very visible like following a treasure map.I started detecting for a couple hours and dug this rosette?,pipe bowl and this very nice Barrys bottle that reads:Tricopherous for the skin and hair and than reads New York on the side.
I was only allowed a short time to hunt as they were preparing for Deer Season.I hope to get the chance to hunt this place again as i am certain there is more to be found.

Anyone know anything about this style rosette?

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0179.jpg
    100_0179.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 821
Upvote 0

AKiwi

Aug 4, 2005
Hastings, NZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
Nice finds.....just think what could be there, just waiting for you.
As to the rosette , it looks like the front end of what is termed a holdback, for holding back drapes/curtains off a window.
Has it got a thread for a shaft to be screwed into it?
Cheers Buggzy

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AKiwi said:
Nice finds.....just think what could be there, just waiting for you.
As to the rosette , it looks like the front end of what is termed a holdback, for holding back drapes/curtains off a window.
Has it got a thread for a shaft to be screwed into it?
Cheers Buggzy

Thanks, No threads for a shaft,but it has a lead back with a hook.

Nova Treasure

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replys,I Love hunting for Civil War relics.It's kinda weird i guess but when i am detecting these camps and skirmishes, I feel like a reporter following the leads and piecing together our American History in todays modern times.
I really don't have many relics i have found,due to always hanging with a couple freinds that always wanted to dig silver and other coins. but now with more time on hand, I am hoping to get alot more serious with what i enjoy the most.

Nova Treasure

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks SWR for your reply,but actually this paticular Barrys bottle is from the 1850's and even listed with a pic in the Francis A. Lord Civil War Collectors Encyclopedia in Volume lll ,pg 189.

Nova Treasure

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no glass guy, but that is nice Rosette there. Next time, it will be a "U.S." I look forward to your next post from that site.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread