Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Civil war digs from DIV XV! LOTS OF PICTURES & CLOSE UPS OF 2ND CORPS BADGE

THis was my first DIV and I loved it. I will be back.
The only problem I have is that you guys have some damn hot ground up there more so than I anticipated. Even so the DFX and I prevailed and we managed to leave with some great relics and lots of good memories. Special thanks to Scott and Dennis for putting yp with me throughout the hunt.

For those who didnt seem to find much, slow down and listen hard even the 1 oz minnie balls sound like a nail when they get deeper than 6 inches with the vlf machines, this just goes to show you that you can find good stuff with a good machine if you know it real well and take your time with it.

Here is a run down of my finds, they are all not pictured here yet I have lots of pictures that I need to get up so I will do that soon.

about 40 fired bullets including some decent sharps
5 dropped 3 ringers
pistol bullet and round ball
Camp knife
Complete Belt hook
Cut Saddle sheild
2 flat buttons
Camp lead
tent grommets
musket caps
Complete Powder Flask Spout (not pictured)
Carved bullet (probably chess peice)
1947 Silver Washington Quarter??? :tongue3:
4 eagle Coat buttons all shanks intact (1 is choice easy)
1843 seated dime (beauty)
2nd Corp Clover badge that was folded in( getting repaired)

Again thanks to all and HH hope to see in the spring!
:wav:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 947
  • P1060206.jpg
    P1060206.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 714
  • P1060207.jpg
    P1060207.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 720
  • P1060282.jpg
    P1060282.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 722
  • P1060214.jpg
    P1060214.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 710
  • P1060211.jpg
    P1060211.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 716
  • P1060200.jpg
    P1060200.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 715
  • P1060283.jpg
    P1060283.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 718
  • P1060284.jpg
    P1060284.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 716
  • P1060285.jpg
    P1060285.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 717
  • P1060293.jpg
    P1060293.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 711
  • P1060286.jpg
    P1060286.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 713
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Civil war digs from DIV XV

not sure about the iron peice on the top right outside of the case it was pewter plated i believe I was told it could have been part of a finnial but im skeptical about that one

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice digs James, I bet that silver Washington quarter had you going for a second!

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Steve in PA said:
Nice digs James, I bet that silver Washington quarter had you going for a second!

Oh man you have no idea
I had fished out my big camera and everything :-\
At least its another silver for the jar :laughing7:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Man what a blast that was.....Congrat's on some excellent save's :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

civilman1 said:
Man what a blast that was.....Congrat's on some excellent save's :icon_thumright:

yES IT WAS THAT ALRIGHT THANKS
HH SEE YOU IN THE SPRING

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks everyone

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamesbibb said:
The only problem I have is that you guys have some damn hot ground up there more so than I anticipated. Even so the DFX and I prevailed and we managed to leave with some great relics and lots of good memories. Special thanks to Scott and Dennis for putting yp with me throughout the hunt.

For those who didnt seem to find much, slow down and listen hard even the 1 oz minnie balls sound like a nail when they get deeper than 6 inches with the vlf machines, this just goes to show you that you can find good stuff with a good machine if you know it real well and take your time with it.

Here is a run down of my finds, they are all not pictured here yet I have lots of pictures that I need to get up so I will do that soon.

5 dropped 3 ringers
Camp knife
Complete Belt hook
Cut Saddle sheild
2 flat buttons
Camp lead
tent grommets
musket caps

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I try to tell people here All the time that that dirt up there is ALL TOGETHER a different BEAST! I've been to nearly every DIV and I've found ALOT in that hot dirt-- LOW and SLOW is the method...all the plates, buttons, etc. that I've found up there have been with a VLF machine....you have to dig ALL those Iron signals because you never know which will be Mississippi Buttons and which will be Rosettes etc. etc. GREAT JOB BUD!!!!! :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :headbang: :headbang: :occasion14:

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I cant tell you how many ROCKS I dug that read great from off the top of coles hill unreal

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

I'm hoping to go next spring. I don't think I'll be able to buy another detector so the E trac will have to suffice. Hope I can do as well as you!

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks I am stoked about the 2nd corps badge Cant wait to get it straightend out and in a shadow box on my wall :headbang: :headbang:

{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:

5 dropped 3 ringers
Camp knife
Complete Belt hook
Cut Saddle sheild
2 flat buttons
Camp lead
tent grommets
musket caps

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I try to tell people here ALL the time that that dirt up there is ALL TOGETHER a different BEAST! I've been to nearly every DIV and I've found ALOT in that hot dirt-- LOW and SLOW is the method...all the plates, buttons, etc. that I've found up there have been with a VLF machine....you have to dig ALL those Iron signals because you never know which will be Mississippi Buttons and which will be Rosettes etc. etc. GREAT JOB BUD!!!!! :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :headbang: :headbang: :occasion14:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamesbibb said:
I cant tell you how many ROCKS I dug that read great from off the top of coles hill unreal
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: AHH, you found Good Ole Coles Hill. That has been a pain in the rear at every hunt that we've had there.....But you have to diggem ;D

Can't wait to see that Shamrock!!!! 2nd Corps Badges are something special, and for you to have found one at your very first DIV....well, let's just say you must've had a leprechaun on your side! :D :wink: :icon_thumleft: Great Find

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

In case you didnt recognize it it is right of the tent grommets and above the seated dime its all there stem and all it just needs some ;D TLC

{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: AHH, you found Good Ole Coles Hill. That has been a pain in the rear at every hunt that we've had there.....But you have to diggem :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Can't wait to see that Shamrock!!!! 2nd Corps Badges are something special, and for you to have found one at your very first DIV....well, let's just say you must've had a leprechaun on your side! :D :wink: :icon_thumleft: Great Find

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamesbibb said:
In case you didnt recognize it it is right of the tent grommets and above the seated dime its all there stem and all it just needs some ;D TLC

{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: AHH, you found Good Ole Coles Hill. That has been a pain in the rear at every hunt that we've had there.....But you have to diggem :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Oh was looking for a straightened one.. I can tell now that you've pointed it out but couldn't make it out before. There's several guys that attend that hunt that repair these and other relics, quite a few of them are friends and can fix it, make it look new again. Who are you having repair it?

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Roland Frodigh or RoFro from spot supposidly he is the master lost of good feedback

{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:

{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:

Oh was looking for a straightened one.. I can tell now that you've pointed it out but couldn't make it out before. There's several guys that attend that hunt that repair these and other relics, quite a few of them are friends and can fix it, make it look new again. Who are you having repair it?

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Roland is top notch, he'll have that badge looking great!

U

umrgolf

Congrats on some terrific finds James :o That corps badge is a once in a lifetime dig, I'd kill for one :notworthy:

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX